Join for free
Page 6 of 15 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 08:06 PM

Re: Last Gasp Attempt !

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Sorry Annie......you really are missing the point....

This much vaunted 'Global Co-operation'is total bullshit.
It does not benefit the common man but definitely stacks up well for the profit margins of big business which funnels vast wealth in to the hands of the very few.

Career politicians and a few others do quite nicely also.

Most people not so well.

Why do you want to continue such an unfair system?

You're obsessed with Blue Passports .....Most people who voted Brexit have never seen one ( Myself included and I'm in my mid 50's!!)and have no idea what that means.
Of course it benefits ordinary people. How do you think electricity gets there when you switch on the light, how do we have enough gas, internet, telecommunications around the globe, air travel across the world, scientific missions to Antarctica, space missions, medical breakthroughs etc etc???

From shared technology to cancer research it's all about the same global cooperation networks. Businesses run on it, people benefit from it. We are very lucky to be living in such developed societies and there is no way that we can do all this on our own in some little patriotic bubble. That's "blue passport" thinking!
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Of course it benefits ordinary people. How do you think electricity gets there when you switch on the light, how do we have enough gas, internet, telecommunications around the globe, air travel across the world, scientific missions to Antarctica, space missions, medical breakthroughs etc etc???

From shared technology to cancer research it's all about the same global cooperation networks. Businesses run on it, people benefit from it. We are very lucky to be living in such developed societies and there is no way that we can do all this on our own in some little patriotic bubble. That's "blue passport" thinking!
None of those servies are dependent on EU membership.

All can and will continue post-Brexit.

So you therefore have no point to make, just baseless fear mongering.......

Good on you , Annie S .....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 09:09 AM

None of those servies are dependent on EU membership.

All can and will continue post-Brexit.

So you therefore have no point to make, just baseless fear mongering.......

Good on you , Annie S .....
We were talking about the benefits of Global cooperation Moscow and the EU is a large part of that. I'm glad you've changed your mind on global cooperation being BS though...

The EU facilitates deals and provides cooperation on infrastructure so that we can participate in global missions. Gas pipelines stretch across EU territory. There is an EU internal energy market. The airspace arguments have been pretty clear and scientists have their own protest group because research will suffer if we crash out, as will supply of vital medicines. It even affects supply of radiation for cancer patients. I believe the French are running our nuclear plants are they not?

There are infinite agreements in place that have taken years to sort and the government only has a few months to make decisions on how they will continue. These agreements ensure we can carry on with business as usual. This is why brexit needs a long transition period with continuation of the customs union and single market. Until we come to a point where we have finished re-organising everything. I estimate this would take ten years or so.

I don't understand why you think crashing out is a good thing. It appears to be an emotive idea without anything to back it up logically.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 07:43 PM

We were talking about the benefits of Global cooperation Moscow and the EU is a large part of that. I'm glad you've changed your mind on global cooperation being BS though...

The EU facilitates deals and provides cooperation on infrastructure so that we can participate in global missions. Gas pipelines stretch across EU territory. There is an EU internal energy market. The airspace arguments have been pretty clear and scientists have their own protest group because research will suffer if we crash out, as will supply of vital medicines. It even affects supply of radiation for cancer patients. I believe the French are running our nuclear plants are they not?

There are infinite agreements in place that have taken years to sort and the government only has a few months to make decisions on how they will continue. These agreements ensure we can carry on with business as usual. This is why brexit needs a long transition period with continuation of the customs union and single market. Until we come to a point where we have finished re-organising everything. I estimate this would take ten years or so.

I don't understand why you think crashing out is a good thing. It appears to be an emotive idea without anything to back it up logically.
You haven't convinced me that any of those services need the UK to be a member of the EU to continue.

The Gas pipelines that stretch across EU territory also stretch across Russian and Ukrainian territory.

The research that 'will suffer' will continue and be funded in a new and different manner.

Your contention that these things only exist thanks to the EU and only being in the EU is the only way we can continue to enjoy the benefits or be involved is both false and disingenuous. You need to find somebody a wee bit more gullible than I to convince........somebody more like yersel' ,lol!!

You seem to think the EU offers the only model for success and the only way for nations to co-exist , to co-operate , to do business.

You are at the kindergarten stage of understanding World affairs.

It makes no difference how we leave the EU , crash out or gracefully exit with poise, dignity and class......for leave we SHALL!

That's all that matters!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 07:52 PM

You haven't convinced me that any of those services need the UK to be a member of the EU to continue.

The Gas pipelines that stretch across EU territory also stretch across Russian and Ukrainian territory.

The research that 'will suffer' will continue and be funded in a new and different manner.

Your contention that these things only exist thanks to the EU and only being in the EU is the only way we can continue to enjoy the benefits or be involved is both false and disingenuous. You need to find somebody a wee bit more gullible than I to convince........somebody more like yersel' ,lol!!

You seem to think the EU offers the only model for success and the only way for nations to co-exist , to co-operate , to do business.

It makes no difference how we leave the EU , crash out or gracefully exit with poise, dignity and class......for leave we SHALL!

That's all that matters!
So you do not care if it destroys jobs and peoples lives? I just hope that it destroys yours.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

19-05-2018, 08:03 PM

That's all that matters!

You are full of criticism and insults but I see no explanations for how the global cooperation we need to maintain business as usual is going to happen by crashing out. It's as though you have a blind faith in our government to make it happen.

My main point is that you don't do something like this in a headstrong and rushed manner. It takes years to extricate and rebuild. This is the "now" instant gratification culture that we live in. No long term thinking, just impatient whining.
Moscow
Scotland

19-05-2018, 08:29 PM

You are full of criticism and insults but I see no explanations for how the global cooperation we need to maintain business as usual is going to happen by crashing out. It's as though you have a blind faith in our government to make it happen.

My main point is that you don't do something like this in a headstrong and rushed manner. It takes years to extricate and rebuild. This is the "now" instant gratification culture that we live in. No long term thinking, just impatient whining.
Annie, you can rationalise in a million different ways if that's what you need to do to come to terms with it.

I don't think the Gov't are the best people to deliver Brexit.....but that is how the constitution works. It's the Gov't of the day that is tasked with these things.

As for 'rushed'.........as I asked of Swimmy, without reply, How long could the Gov't have delayed triggering article 50?

They really could not have delayed it any longer.

As for being ready.......People like you will never be ready. You will always try to thwart the democratic process when it goes against you and you will always whine and whinge at the unfairness of life.... You have more than shown on here that you are incapable of free and radical thinking.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

19-05-2018, 09:12 PM

Annie, you can rationalise in a million different ways if that's what you need to do to come to terms with it.

I don't think the Gov't are the best people to deliver Brexit.....but that is how the constitution works. It's the Gov't of the day that is tasked with these things.

As for 'rushed'.........as I asked of Swimmy, without reply, How long could the Gov't have delayed triggering article 50?

They really could not have delayed it any longer.

As for being ready.......People like you will never be ready. You will always try to thwart the democratic process when it goes against you and you will always whine and whinge at the unfairness of life.... You have more than shown on here that you are incapable of free and radical thinking.

Like I said you have no suggestions just the usual criticisms and blind faith the government will deliver the undeliverable like Santa. People's expectations are totally unrealistic and the "will of the people" is waved like a shroud when it's pointed out that this is not doable. It's a nuts situation we are in.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

May appointed the leading Brexiteers to top positions in Government.

She set the Red Lines, which is what we voted for and issued Article 50 as soon as possible, two years to leave.

Boris as Foreign Secretary, Davies in charge of negotiations, Fox in charge of Trade Deals, Gove in charge of Environment.

All key positions.

She then told them to get on with delivering their promises.

The promises were, the EU will come running, The EU needs us more than we need them, we will save £135 million a week which we can spend on the NHS, new Trade Deals with the rest of the World will be a doodle.

Not a single one of these promises have been met.

We have had to go cap in hand to the EU to beg for an extension period because we are not ready to leave.

Nobody has come running, India has told us to get lost unless we allow more immigration, complaints have been made to the WTO, including by the USA.

We are losing Services, our biggest export, so no saving £135 Million a week, a net loss in fact.

held to ransom by Ireland, a much smaller economy.

A simple set of failures by the Brexiteers who had the power to deliver.

I have every right to be angry.
Those promises and red lines were never achievable. They were just pie in the sky promises from the Brexiter propaganda merchants. The UK was never going to get a "have our cake and eat it" arrangement. What the Brexiters promised and people were duped into voting for was always just lies and a snake oil salesman con by Farage et al.

I don't sympathise with May, because she is a traitor who knows staying in the EU would be best for the UK but put her career above her country by working towards Brexit.

But you Brexiters handed her a poison chalice, tasking the government to deliver on your Brexit hopes and dreams which were always just unachievable fantasies.

And now she is trying to cobble together the inevitable disastrous compromise which was always doomed to leave the UK worse off, you think you're entitled to be angry with her, the government, the Remainers and the EU?

The only people you are entitled to be angry with are yourself and your fellow Brexiters for voting for something unworkable.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

20-05-2018, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->

the only people you are entitled to be angry with are yourself and your fellow brexiters for voting for something unworkable.

Page 6 of 15 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top