Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 11:14 PM

Re: Were you loved in your child hood.

Originally Posted by Marion ->
Oh dear, I feel so guilty reading all these posts, as I always say I had a smashing childhood.
My father was in the regular army, so we were always on the move to different places.

I was an only child, but not by choice. Apparently when I was 6, I got the Mumps and being a lovely child that I was, I passed it onto my Dad. Think that got paid to me having any brothers or sisters.

I just feel really choked up reading some of these posts. Wish you all could have had my parents.

Don't feel guilty in the slightest

So we had carp childhoods. We survived

I'm really glad and happy that your childhood was a million miles from mine.

I'd have loved that as well but hey it didn't happen then, but it's happening now for me with children and grandchildren, nieces and nephews that love me warts and all
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Don't feel guilty in the slightest

So we had carp childhoods. We survived

I'm really glad and happy that your childhood was a million miles from mine.

I'd have loved that as well but hey it didn't happen then, but it's happening now for me with children and grandchildren, nieces and nephews that love me warts and all
Missy I love that your story has a happy ending
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 11:28 AM

In hindsight it was clear that my father had a number of severe personality disorders-but I still hate him 16 years after he finally did the decent thing.

I see my mother out of sympathy for a very old and frail person who was two wise monkeys-she saw no evil and heard no evil. She was `Echo` to his `Narcissus`-she could only repeat his words.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2016, 08:00 PM

I can't ever remember having a kiss or a cuddle from my mother
veganchick
United Kingdom
veganchick is female  veganchick has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2016, 11:46 AM

Not all children are loved, my mother rejected me. I belived as a child it was because I was not a boy. However when my sister had her daughter she fussed over her and continue to do so as long as she lived. Perhaps my mother did not love me because she nearly died. May be she loved my niece because she loved her mother I don't know What I do know is I grew up unnaturally quite and shy. I have problems making friends and trusting people. I suffer with social anxiety and have been treated for depression.
veganchick
United Kingdom
veganchick is female  veganchick has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2016, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I can't ever remember having a kiss or a cuddle from my mother
Same here I was never told l was loved either.
veganchick
United Kingdom

17-12-2016, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Reading some of these posts, l cannot take in or understand how a parent could not love their own child. Parents might not like their children at times but surely they still love them?
Some parents don't even like their own child 😢
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!
Lochsong is female  Lochsong has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2016, 12:08 PM

We were looked after, on reflection, I am sure we were loved - seldom was it shown
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2016, 01:35 PM

Simply no.
No need to say anything on that side of things I think I may have already mentioned some of it in another thread a while back.
But I will say this both my wife and I both had bad upbringings but it taught us how not to fetch up our own children.
So at least our 2 were brought up correctly and shown love and I think that has also spread to our grandkids as well.

So well done mam and dad where ever you are up there in the clouds your grand children and great grand children all reaped the benefits of being much loved.

I think both the missus and I turned out better parents for it both from large families and we are the only ones out of all the sibblings that have stuck with our original partners as well.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2016, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by veganchick ->
Some parents don't even like their own child 😢

As I have often said; the bruises heal soon enough but the scars in the mind never mend.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top