Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2009, 05:39 PM

Re: Good morning saturday

Hi all. Started out cloudy but the sun is breaking thru now and it's seasonably chilly 10 (51F) degrees but not windy. Can't complain; your awful flooding was on the news here last evening; that was really horrible. Quiet day here, did the library run this morning and am about to go have lunch ...reading the sandwich poll has made me very hungry!

Stay warm and dry, people!
Yola
Yola is female  Yola has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2009, 07:18 PM

Filthy rain here from mid PM onwards just as my sons' Christmas Fayre kicked off. My voice is still AWOL which made communicating in a noisy school hall much fun

Must continue to tuck into my medicinal white wine and start preparing the taco shells with turkey mince for tonight's dinner.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2009, 09:37 PM

Sorry about the voice, Yola; dinner and the wine sound good.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2009, 10:44 PM

Evening all-weather has been miserable - rain and wind - but nothing compared to what some have suffered. Had a surprise visitor last night-my brother turned up to stay overnight as he was meeting his friend for a pint or two..or three..or four. He left for home this morning leaving a trail of devastation behind him- wet bath towels just chucked in bathroom-bedding hanging off bed and for one person loads of washing up!!!never known anyone as untidy as he is-love him dearly though! Just got straight when my neice turned up with her 2 year old little boy and stayed for couple of hours. Lovely to see them-forgotten how tiring it is following a 2 year old round. After that weekly shop-then an hour walking with the girl then tea and then finally relaxation. There's a lot to say for being on your own!!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

21-11-2009, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Evening all-weather has been miserable - rain and wind - but nothing compared to what some have suffered. Had a surprise visitor last night-my brother turned up to stay overnight as he was meeting his friend for a pint or two..or three..or four. He left for home this morning leaving a trail of devastation behind him- wet bath towels just chucked in bathroom-bedding hanging off bed and for one person loads of washing up!!!never known anyone as untidy as he is-love him dearly though! Just got straight when my neice turned up with her 2 year old little boy and stayed for couple of hours. Lovely to see them-forgotten how tiring it is following a 2 year old round. After that weekly shop-then an hour walking with the girl then tea and then finally relaxation. There's a lot to say for being on your own!!
Oh I do echo that! Lovely to have the guests, but do enjoy the peace and quiet afterwards!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2009, 11:28 PM

I do enjoy my family visiting but enjoy even more the peace, tranquility and serenity that comes after they've gone and I know everything is back in the place where it should be Me and the girl Hatti have just relaxed on the settee all night-wonderful
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

21-11-2009, 11:33 PM

Does Hatti enjoy company? One of my cats adored it ...on a lap in a seconds; Leia prefers that they'd just go away, please! I think dogs are generally more sociable.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2009, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
I do enjoy my family visiting but enjoy even more the peace, tranquility and serenity that comes after they've gone and I know everything is back in the place where it should be Me and the girl Hatti have just relaxed on the settee all night-wonderful
Oh so true merz, . . I'm the same, . . just me and the dogs, . . total bliss.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

21-11-2009, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Does Hatti enjoy company? One of my cats adored it ...on a lap in a seconds; Leia prefers that they'd just go away, please! I think dogs are generally more sociable.
Hatti loves company Dandysmom and she really loves children-she will follow them round all day and she is so patient and gentle with them. She is such a good girl

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top