Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 06:59 AM

May's EU Citizen's Proposal

Hi

Explained in detail here.

http://news.sky.com/story/eu-citizen...ation-10927974

A few things spring to mind.

Firstly, get your families here before the cutoff date.

Not very clever, is it?

No cut off date announced and May has admitted that she has done no study on whether or not there will be a surge of families arriving from the EU.

Not exactly rocket science to work out what is going to happen is it?

Secondly, she has stated that the Home Office, the Immigration side of things, are going to have to process 4,000 applications a day for EU Citizens,

That means on the 3.2 million we have already here, it will take 3 years to do this.

To achieve this magical figure, it will mean taking staff away from what they should be doing, which is deporting illegals, which already takes us years, and checking applicants from Non Eu Countries.

We have migrants illegally entering the UK everyday, we have Terrorists wondering in and out unchecked.

Instead we will be ignoring this and spending our time checking Polish Cleaners and Bulgarian Fruit Pickers.

Stupid or what?

She is also stating that if they are here and their children are abroad, we will still be sending Child Benefit abroad for them.

This is absolutely stupid, most EU Countries do not do this now, never mind give an assurance that it will continue ad infinitum.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 07:28 AM

Re: May's EU Citizen's Proposal

Has the EU accepted this or is this what they turned down?
I wonder if they will keep turning down her proposals until she says, "you can all come here and we'll move out"
I wonder if British people living in Europe get some sort of child support to send home?
I always thought that was a bit odd, us doing that, unless it was done to discourage them bringing families here.

It just seems to get worse...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Has the EU accepted this or is this what they turned down?
I wonder if they will keep turning down her proposals until she says, "you can all come here and we'll move out"
I wonder if British people living in Europe get some sort of child support to send home?
I always thought that was a bit odd, us doing that, unless it was done to discourage them bringing families here.

It just seems to get worse...
Hi

This is what they are not happy with, they want more.

Specifically, they want the EU Court to be in charge of any decisions made about EU Citizens here.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 10:26 AM

Get Donald Trump over here now!....What in God's name are we messing about at.......Do they know who we are!!!!
Bayardicus
Australia
Bayardicus is male  Bayardicus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 12:14 PM

...Don`t forget to belt out a lusty version of ''Rule Britannia'', as you sink beneath the waves....chaps..!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 12:54 PM

Has tm listened to anything that has been said ? She seems hell bent on making as many bad decisions as she can at the moment. I'm no fan of splitting up families one of my late best friends came from Tibet, she kept almost getting her family here but each time rules changed, in the end she died alone and heart broken but without some rules we will be in same position we have been all these years. If you want to be with family do but we need same rules for everyone IMO.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 04:52 PM

What astounds me is that Theresa says the cut off date for all this will either be 2019 when we finally break loose, or March 2017 when we presented them with Article 50.

Come on! does she actually think the EU are going to let her choose the latter date?? they will insist on the very last day so as many immigrants as possible will be flooding in here before we close the doors.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top