Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2012, 03:17 PM

Re: Birds

Originally Posted by Hammer ->
Humidity is rising -Barometer's getting low
According to all sources, the street's the place to go
Cause tonight for the first time
Just about half-past ten
For the first time in history
It's gonna start raining hen.

It's Raining hen!Hallelujah! - It's Raining hen! Amen!
It's Raining hen! Hallelujah! - It's Raining hen

Sorry
love it George!
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2012, 01:45 PM

Does anyone know what's happened to all the pheasants? My Mum had regular ones coming in her garden but for a little while now there hasn't been any .
Dorcas
UK
Dorcas is female  Dorcas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2012, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Does anyone know what's happened to all the pheasants? My Mum had regular ones coming in her garden but for a little while now there hasn't been any .

Oh wow never had a pheasant coming into our garden, seen plenty out and about though
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2012, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dorcas ->
Oh wow never had a pheasant coming into our garden, seen plenty out and about though[/B].

Mum does live a little bit in the country, she is 92 and used to like seeing her resident couple of phesants come up for their bird food but they haven't been calling the last couple of months.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2012, 11:04 PM

The garden I was in on Friday had a couple of pheasants in it. They have been there for months.
Dorcas
UK
Dorcas is female  Dorcas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2012, 07:38 AM

Mum does live a little bit in the country, she is 92 and used to like seeing her resident couple of phesants come up for their bird food but they haven't been calling the last couple of months.
I would love to see them in my garden, I hope they come back to your Mum's garden, but sadly I have my doubts.

I think I will see a good few today as were off to Whitby today and we often see them pecking about in the fields as we pass by.
Alicat
West Berkshire

30-09-2012, 01:16 PM

Thanks Warleyron and Dorcas, I think cats might have got them unfortunately.

I hope you had a nice day out at Whitby Dorcas.

Sorry, I hope I haven't hijacked this thread .
Dorcas
UK

30-09-2012, 07:00 PM

I hope you had a nice day out at Whitby Dorcas.
Thank you we did
Alicat
West Berkshire

30-09-2012, 07:36 PM

Does anyone buy the sacks of wild bird food? I always get them for my Mum, she has two sacks and when they're empty I get her two more. She keeps the sacks in black bins, one in each bin with a lid on it. I got her two sacks yesterday, the last ones I bought, one of them had weevil things in them We reckon they were in the sack in the beginning as weve never had them before in all the years I've been getting them for Mum. Mum's carer didn't feed the birds with the rogue sack.

Anyway with these new sacks it looks like they have changed the packaging so maybe they had other complaints.
Dorcas
UK

01-10-2012, 10:16 AM

Yes, I always buy all my bird food in bulk, its loads cheaper that way.
I get the 12 and a 1/2 K sacks, one of premium bird seed suitable for ground/ seed and table feeders. I buy a 12 and a 1/2 K of sunflower hearts too, for the feeders, tubs of meal worms and suet, its my only hobby really apart from reading and I get so much pleasure out of watching all the different species that come to the garden.
We also have Squirrel feeders, I find that they leave the bird feeders alone if they have there own plentiful supply.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top