Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 01:15 AM

Penny Lancaster says she was sexually assaulted

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41685301

Model Penny Lancaster has said she was sexually assaulted as a teenager by someone she worked for.

Lancaster, who is married to rock singer Rod Stewart, told ITV's Loose Women that she had her drink spiked.

She said she found herself being attacked on a bed and "can't remember much of what happened".

"I just know he was on top of me and enjoying the experience but I certainly wasn't. I don't really remember much more. I was too afraid to tell anyone."

Lancaster, now 46, said she had been a virgin at the time of the assault, which she said happened after she went to the house of a man who had promised to take her to an event where she could make work contacts.
Is this the latest celebrity bandwagon, fashion or vogue - to claim sexual assault while in pursuit of or in the course of employment .....

It seems so .....

Well, in her case, she married a "Weinstein":

‘There was a period in my life where it was a bit “one in, one out”,’ admits Rod. ‘The girls involved would never have known that, obviously.

Often, he liked to do the collecting himself, lover of the chase that he is. ‘I remember one night I’d driven up to Tramp (the London nightclub) from my home in Windsor, got a girl out of there, drove her back to Windsor and had my way.

'Then I took her back to Tramp and drove all the way back to Windsor with another one — although to be fair, I didn’t do the business with her until next morning.’

To be fair, too, he remembers a lot of detail of that night. Not about the girls, granted, but about the car, which sounds like quite a goer.

‘It was a yellow Lamborghini and I did that drive in about three-quarters of an hour, so she must have been doing about 130mph,’ he whistles, in a manner that suggests that while he may have forgotten the names and faces of many of the leggy lovelies who skipped through his life, he could tell you the make, model and colour of every car he’s ever had.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz4w0BjtxA1

But then, Stewart was just a "Jack-the-Lad" .....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 01:26 AM

Re: Penny Lancaster says she was sexually assaulted

Well I think it's great that this issue is finally being addressed in such a public manner. It's not fashion, but reality. At least this will make men think twice about behaviour they have taken for granted for too long.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Well I think it's great that this issue is finally being addressed in such a public manner. It's not fashion, but reality. At least this will make men think twice about behaviour they have taken for granted for too long.
I don't have a problem with addressing the issue - I just have a problem with celebrities complaining about their treatment in the entertainment industry, which they willingly entered, knowing the risks.

Personally, as a teenager, I was abducted and assaulted as i was walking home - obviously, I had not placed myself in a risk situation deliberately .....

To return to the Stewart/Lancaster example, though - Stewart was treating (presumably aspiring) young ladies as "things" to be used once and immediately replaced - is he (or any other "entertainer" with similar predilections) any better than Weinstein .....

Will other entertainment industry abusers (and there must be many) be named or will Weinstein become the scapegoat .....
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 01:57 AM

I like Penny Lancaster, she always appears to be genuine and sincere.

I am all for prosecuting those that have a case to answer......whatever the crime.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I don't have a problem with addressing the issue - I just have a problem with celebrities complaining about their treatment in the entertainment industry, which they willingly entered, knowing the risks.

Personally, as a teenager, I was abducted and assaulted as i was walking home - obviously, I had not placed myself in a risk situation deliberately .....
It's too late an hour and I'm too tired to explain why I'm shocked by your first para.

Ditto your second, but different circumstances and just too many bad experiences. I totally understand where these women are coming from. "Me too" applies to the majority of women these days. I hope they change attitudes to what is acceptable. It wasn't your fault.
Ambre
N/A
Ambre is female  Ambre has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 05:06 AM

Penny gave a similar interview on Loose Women in November 2015 while discussing the way school girls dress, she’s certainly had some bad experiences

‘Penny Lancaster broke down on live TV today as she revealed how she suffered a sex attack as a 12-year-old.
The model, 44, from Chelmsford, Essex, described how a man grabbed her in a subway and put his hand up her skirt as she walked to school one morning.
Penny, who was over 6ft as a teenager, said that 'being tall and strong I was able to fight this man off,' and he then fled but was never caught by the police.’
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 08:45 AM

I'm not sure what I think about the Me Too campaign, on the one hand it's good people can now talk about those terrible experiences but then on the other as has happened here they open themselves up to critism and judgment. I hope Penny feels better getting it out in the open but I fear she may regret it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I like Penny Lancaster, she always appears to be genuine and sincere.

I am all for prosecuting those that have a case to answer......whatever the crime.

Yes, I agree, Tpin.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 09:35 AM

I have absolutely no idea who she is.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 09:41 AM

Yes, these sorts of sexual attacks and exploitation are wrong, but I can't help feeling a bit cynical about the current bandwagon

The Luvvies, the BBC and the rest of the media are falling over themselves to join in, yet for years they did nothing about Jimmy Saville, Stuart Hall, Rolf Harris despite several reports, not to mention Cyril Smith, abuse/grooming in Rotherham and other places

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top