Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2014, 06:22 PM

Re: Cleo

It's so difficult. They're part of the family. My partner has two cats. Bert, 6, and Baxter, 19. Baxter is a wee skinnymalinkie as we call him. Not a pick on him. He does eat, but is no longer interested in grooming himself. He's just a wee old man and often piddles on the carpet, which is a bit of a problem to keep the house clean and fresh. The carpet shampoo machine is used on a daily basis. He's an adorable wee cat and just wants a quiet life these days.

I can understand how you feel. It's so difficult and my thoughts are with you.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2014, 07:55 AM

Oh no. I am so sorry to hear about your Cleo.
This doesn't help you one bit right now, but at least we have the option to stop their pain, as hard as it is. It's the right thing to do.
Thinking of you.
Hugs.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2014, 09:55 PM

Yes it is the right thing to do. Cleo was not in pain as such but it was obvious she was not well. Better to send her to sleep whilst she could still groom herself and purr in my arms. The tumour had grown to such a size it had started to cause major promblems with her tummy-hence no appetite.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 09:58 AM

Such a hard thing to do for such an old friend, but well done for having the strength to put Cleo first rather than trying to hang on. You will miss her dreadfully, but she will not be stressed by your move now, and in time maybe you will get that holiday in India.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 05:11 PM

Very sad when you have to say goodbye to a much loved pet

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top