Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
david
Hervey Bay Australia
david is male  david has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 04:34 AM

Re: Swimming with the dolphins

Tin Can Bay in Australia you can swim and feed them.
I many years ago was involved with photographing sharks. we at times were very close and personal with them.
At Exmouth in the west I had the luxury of a very personal encounter with a whale shark.We swam together me hitching a ride holding on his dorsal fin. A once in a lifetime experience.
At Hervey Bay my home town you can now swim with whales, you are protected in a boom net. Only problem is it happens around now which is the end of winter and the water is a bit cool
Adriana Lindsey
New Member!
USA
Adriana Lindsey is female 

27-09-2014, 06:31 AM

Swimming with dolphins would be a great experience.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2014, 10:25 AM

I have say that I do not approve of keeping dolphins in captivity for entertainment. For rescue reasons OK.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2014, 12:40 PM

Just seen this Carol - fab - would love to get close to a dolphin - very special creatures ......
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2014, 07:54 PM

Great pictures Carol your granddaughter looks to be enjoying herself.

My son's father in law is from Sicily, I overheard him saying to my son on his wedding day "If you don't look after my daughter, you'll end up swimming with the fishes" I thought that was a nice thing for him to say.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2014, 11:15 PM

Thanks for all your nice remarks about the pictures.
Dolphins really are special. It was an experience my family will never forget.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Great pictures Carol your granddaughter looks to be enjoying herself.

My son's father in law is from Sicily, I overheard him saying to my son on his wedding day "If you don't look after my daughter, you'll end up swimming with the fishes" I thought that was a nice thing for him to say.
So funny .....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
So funny .....
It was a half threat Patsy, if he had said “Sleeping with the fishes” I would have been worried, but really he is a very nice fella, very jolly.
I remember saying to my son in law, that if he made my only daughter unhappy he would have to answer to me, half joking and whole in earnest if you know what I mean. I think it’s a fathers duty to set it straight from the start, very hard for a father when he loses his only daughter to marriage, mothers can have a good cry at a wedding but not the poor daddies, they just have to look on and 'Give her away' in silence.
That might make an interesting thread, “How do Father’s feel giving away their Daughters?” my answer...terrible.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2014, 07:03 AM

It is illegal to get closer than 30 metres to a whale or dolphin in Australia though they might come to you.

http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/an...regulation.htm

Sharks are a different matter you can go as close as you like.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2014, 04:33 PM

Yes but .... there are a couple of places like Tin Can Bay and Tangalooma which have some special dispensation from the government for people to feed and play with dolphins.

I LIVE in a Marine Park and encounter dolphins almost daily.
Have been known to toss them the occasional pilchard when they come right up to the side of the boat and 'beg'.
I do know the risks in doing so though.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top