Join for free
Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 06:07 PM

Re: Sharia for uk ??

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->

I am merely offering a theory and as I have a degree in sociology a Masters in Cultural Studies I think I'm qualified to do that ... now of course those that read the Daily Mail might disagree.
I both read the Mail and I have a black belt in karioke, so does that qualify me to have a theory as well? .
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 06:13 PM

No it just makes you a joke - but then we knew that already. Keep a lid on your inferiority complex plantman - go tend to your herbaceous borders keep you out of mischief.

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I both read the Mail and I have a black belt in karioke, so does that qualify me to have a theory as well? .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 06:31 PM

Just one more comment - if I may
Your theory is - that we are at fault and to blame for the rise in extremism because we were too vocal with regards to 9-11, even though 'they' were the perpetrators of the heinous crime
Now - years later, a soldier is beheaded on a London Street in front of passers by - are we to blame again, should we really just keep quiet - isn't it natural to be appalled and say enough is enough - get yer act together or If you don't like our ways - our kind - go elsewhere !
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Yes, we must not be blind to what is happening for the sake of political correctness! That's all I'm saying!! I could say more BUT I won't...
I see that you are worried about the thought police coming to take you away as well Cranberry.

That's another thing that has taken a hit in respect of subjects like this.
Free speech?
Now where did THAT go I wonder?

Choked by Fear. I Fear!
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 07:03 PM

I don't think in terms of "we" and I never said we were too "vocal" with regards to 9/11. I think there was a shift in attitude towards Muslims after 9/11 that has seeped into the media and general societal attitudes.

I think it is perfectly natural to be appalled at what happened to Lee Rigby - who wasn't?

What I think is that Muslims are caught in a pressure cooker situation and the murder of Lee Rigby and the radicalisation and/or brain washing of young Muslims into joining ISIS is a direct result of that.

You use the term "our kind" - are Muslims not "our kind"? and how does such an attitude create a fair and inclusive society?

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Just one more comment - if I may
Your theory is - that we are at fault and to blame for the rise in extremism because we were too vocal with regards to 9-11, even though 'they' were the perpetrators of the heinous crime
Now - years later, a soldier is beheaded on a London Street in front of passers by - are we to blame again, should we really just keep quiet - isn't it natural to be appalled and say enough is enough - get yer act together or If you don't like our ways - our kind - go elsewhere !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 09:04 PM

Something no one seems to be making much of IMO is some of these radicalised young are joining the other side and fighting against ISIS, we are in a Shia V Sunni war not a Muslim V West war from what I can understand. It worries me the government don't seem to understand that at all.

I also think it's not right to blame any one section of society for our problems both the Muslims and the rest of society have made huge errors and instead of talking about them we blame each other.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2014, 04:23 PM

This humble Aussie would be delighted if a Muslim family moved in next door.
I reckon it would be a great opportunity for a 'meeting of the minds' .... and perhaps we could both learn some positives about the other.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2014, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
No it just makes you a joke - but then we knew that already. Keep a lid on your inferiority complex plantman - go tend to your herbaceous borders keep you out of mischief.
Ouch....
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2014, 04:38 PM

'prickly' pair ?
Baxter8
Somerset

03-10-2014, 07:31 AM

C'mon you can take it, you're a tory party supporter, much worse must have been said surely ?

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Ouch....

Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top