Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 10:35 PM

Re: Nanny beats up child in Uganda!!

Absolutely sickening and shocking!...that poor baby.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 10:38 PM

we can't go through life blinkered,most of us keep up with world news whether it's good or bad, in this case yes, it was horrible though I didn't choose to watch the video I had an idea what was coming, we can't bury our heads in the sand, we have to accept there's good and bad people in this world.

In China it's common to kill newborn female babies due to their one child policy,some are left by the roadside and there are documented incidents of their parents cooking and eating them!

Here's just one story..
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Why do you feel that?
Because it's not what I come here for. All you did was post a video of horrendous cruelty of which there are thousands on the internet, so if I wanted to see that type of thing I could search for it myself. As you posted no comment other than a warning about it's content I could see no reason for you posting it other than to shock.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Because it's not what I come here for. All you did was post a video of horrendous cruelty of which there are thousands on the internet, so if I wanted to see that type of thing I could search for it myself. As you posted no comment other than a warning about it's content I could see no reason for you posting it other than to shock.
Got to say I agree.
A couple of weeks ago I accidentally stumbled across a video showing an ISIS beheading...............seriously horrible. We hear about it happening, we don't need to see it (particularly not on here) to condemn it.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 08:32 AM

I must say I agree with Barry. We all know that really bad things happen all the time, we don't need to see the images unless there's a point to be made.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I have to agree what is there to discuss even no one is going to argue it is right so all we have is shock horror. Curious to the reason it was posted because we all know awful things happen we don't need to see it.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 10:27 AM

This particular video was sent to me quite some time ago by a friend in Kenya, so really there is no way of knowing just how long ago this particular disgraceful event occurred. I suspect the press are scraping the barrel again. Of course we all know such things happen and we are all horrified and shocked but I see nothing wrong with posting such things as it does at least keep people aware of what does go on and takes us out of our comfort zone, which canīt really be a bad thing.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 10:35 AM

I find it incredibly upsetting to watch. However, how many cases of such abuse happens to the young, disabled and elderly that no one gets to know about? The world is full of sick people and that's a fact.

I'd be uneasy to have an outside carer for any of my family in this day and age. I have friends who are carers and are lovely people. A nanny? Stay at home and look after your kids whilst they're young. You can afford it!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I must say I agree with Barry. We all know that really bad things happen all the time, we don't need to see the images unless there's a point to be made.
Would never watch anything like this, don't understand violence and would certainly not watch it
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 10:50 AM

Not going to watch it even.

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top