Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2017, 09:55 AM

Re: Rees-Mogg savages Corbyn’s Brexit plan

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I have heard that he inherited some.

Let's compare their work life, prior to becoming MPs.

Rees-Mogg:
Worked in finance, definitely remunerative.

Corbyn:
Trade union leader, remunerative? Scargill found it so, anyway!

Complete opposites, although it seems that both have become quite rich and both have big houses in 'posh' areas, so perhaps not that different.

So Corbyn has become rich either from his work in trade unionism or he inherited it, or both!
Corbyns house looks quite modest to me a terrace or semi detached it's hard to tell, small front garden.

I haven't seen Rees mogs but I'd predict a man worth over £150 million isn't in a terraced house !
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2017, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I have heard that he inherited some.

Let's compare their work life, prior to becoming MPs.

Rees-Mogg:
Worked in finance, definitely remunerative.

Corbyn:
Trade union leader, remunerative? Scargill found it so, anyway!

Complete opposites, although it seems that both have become quite rich and both have big houses in 'posh' areas, so perhaps not that different.

So Corbyn has become rich either from his work in trade unionism or he inherited it, or both!

How many more times must we destroy this hoary old chestnut. Jeremy Corbyn purchased his house many years ago, since when the value of properties in the area has risen and risen and whilst his property may be worth more than two hundred thousand, he didn't purchase it at that price umpteen years ago.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2017, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
How many more times must we destroy this hoary old chestnut. Jeremy Corbyn purchased his house many years ago, since when the value of properties in the area has risen and risen and whilst his property may be worth more than two hundred thousand, he didn't purchase it at that price umpteen years ago.
That's a good point and it's still quite modest looking from the outside. He may obviously have gold fittings inside but I'm not privileged to have had a nosy around.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2017, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Hi

His property is worth far more than £200, 000 UJ, you are miles out.

He was loaded from birth, a fee payer at Newport.

When his parents died he got a mint.

Easy to look up.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2017, 11:04 AM

Rees-Mogg lives in a Grade II listed manor house in Somerset. His mother-in-law owns the largest stately home in Europe with 300 rooms.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

06-09-2017, 11:08 AM

It's not really about where people live or how much money they have its attitudes to others make the difference IMO
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2017, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I read recently that Rees-Mogg is worth £150m. A different league to Corbyn I would imagine.
Perhaps financiers get paid more than union leaders!
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

06-09-2017, 01:14 PM

As a Christian I'm against abortion too that's why I like a secular government because my life rules are just that mine. It's up to everyone to make their own choices within the law.

I'd be very distressed if he actually did get into a position he could make any changes that affects people's choices on many things.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2017, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
The Honourable Jacob Rees Mogg believes the Catholic Church trumps British Law.
I hadn't heard about that. Are you sure that's what he said? Could you point me to where you read it, please?

Personally, I don't mind if he's a Jedi Warrior. He is entitled to his own opinions and beliefs and it is not my place - nor yours - to try to deny them of him.

As long as he behaves according to his party's manifesto, the law and the wishes of his constituents, I couldn't care less what his religious beliefs are, and neither should you.

How about your friend Comrade Corbyn. How do you feel about, for example, his anti-Jew beliefs?

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top