Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 08:59 AM

Irony of Ironies

Well, well, well, Andrew Lansley has stage 3 Bowel Cancer, because the NHS lacked the funds to roll out screening for it.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...vealing-cancer

As health secretary, the 61-year-old helped launch the “bowelscope” screening programme for people over 54, but governments cuts, a lack of endoscopists and problems with IT systems have hampered the system’s delivery, currently only available to around half of the population,
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 09:03 AM

Re: Irony of Ironies

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Well, well, well,

You mean, 3 holes in the ground?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 09:45 AM

Well, well, well, Andrew Lansley has stage 3 Bowel Cancer, because the NHS lacked the funds to roll out screening for it.

As health secretary, the 61-year-old helped launch the “bowelscope” screening programme for people over 54, but governments cuts, a lack of endoscopists and problems with IT systems have hampered the system’s delivery, currently only available to around half of the population,
He has bowel cancer because he has bowel cancer not because the NHS didnt have screening propgrammes for younger people.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
He has bowel cancer because he has bowel cancer not because the NHS didnt have screening propgrammes for younger people.

And therein lies the irony, had the NHS had sufficient funding to launch nation-wide screening for bowel cancer at an earlier age, it is likely it would have been detected a lot earlier with far less invasive interventions.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 10:01 AM

UJ, I hate to say this, but you are coming across as gloating

The poor man has cancer
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 10:11 AM

You sound almost please the spite of the far left knows no bounds does it .

My niece lost her husband last May to bowel cancer, all the screening programmes in the world would not have saved him because he was in his 40's and failed to get medical attention at the first sign of problems. By the time he did malignant cells had metastasised and taken root in his lungs and liver.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

03-04-2018, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
UJ, I hate to say this, but you are coming across as gloating

The poor man has cancer

Have I said that??? - No, I'm merely reporting the facts - people may read into it what they want - I'm not responsible for that.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 10:19 AM

Have I said that??? - No, I'm merely reporting the facts - people may read into it what they want - I'm not responsible for that.
Your tone says that...
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 10:37 AM

Maybe you should read the truth of it Joe.

Like most men, he ignored the symptoms and it was due to his wife's nagging that he finally went to the doctor.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ldnt-question/
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

03-04-2018, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Your tone says that...

I'm not responsible for you interpreting my tone, which since this is a forum and not a verbal communication, I fail to see how you can correctly judge my tone.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top