Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 05:22 PM

Re: Are you a hugger? I love you!

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I don’t mind a hug but l don’t want their colds and viruses or even ‘Nits’ if they’ve got them?!
I was a young kid in the 50s at my elementary school (11-14), which I detested because I was bullied. I knew if I caught nits I would have a couple of days off school, whilst the cream that was put on one's head did its business. There was a girl from a family who came from a very poor home, and she was guaranteed to always have head lice. I managed to rub my head against hers, and hey presto my head was alive with the things! Not only did I have them, I passed them on to my parents, siblings, grandmother, who lived with us and her son, my uncle. He had to fly back to the UK as he was doing a degree at Oxford Uni. If it had been discovered I had got nits on purpose, I would have been trashed within an inch of my life.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 05:30 PM

It all depends on who is doing the hugging. A quick hug from some and a longer hug from others. The touchie/feelie type hugging.......No Way.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 05:30 PM

No I don't do hugs, maybe children and pets or my best friend.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 05:41 PM

Omah = One man against hugs .....

I first encountered "hugginess" on (mainly American) virtual worlds in the '90's - getting "hugs" every few minutes was bad enough on virtual worlds (so I adopted the acronym) but then "hugs" spread to the real world (mostly young people) - "hugs" along with the use of "mwah", mostly from acquaintances, became the bane of my life, so, in the end I said NO! .....

Of course, I will not refuse to accept hugs from, or give hugs to, those with whom I have a close bond .....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 05:47 PM

I have 3 friends from the UK, one is very close and we contact each other every day, and go out a lot. She wouldn't be able to say "I love you" to anyone if she was paid. Nor would she hug. She hugged me once when I was in hospital and I know that was hard for her..

But all my other friends are Canadians and they hug every chance they get, hahaha, I think we are real huggers here in Canada. And usually, when friends say good bye on the tele, they say "love ya"

Family do it all, all the time....

If one of my friends didn't hug me after an afternoon out, I would think they are mad about something, hahaha.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I have 3 friends from the UK, one is very close and we contact each other every day, and go out a lot. She wouldn't be able to say "I love you" to anyone if she was paid. Nor would she hug. She hugged me once when I was in hospital and I know that was hard for her..

But all my other friends are Canadians and they hug every chance they get, hahaha, I think we are real huggers here in Canada. And usually, when friends say good bye on the tele, they say "love ya"

Family do it all, all the time....

If one of my friends didn't hug me after an afternoon out, I would think they are mad about something, hahaha.
I am glad I don't live in Canada. There is something to be said for the British stiff upper lip.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I am glad I don't live in Canada. There is something to be said for the British stiff upper lip.
Tootle pip old gal or old boy, is what I always say

And of course shake them warmly by the throat
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

07-02-2018, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Tootle pip old gal or old boy, is what I always say

And of course shake them warmly by the throat
Now! now!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Now! now!
Sorry Miss, in a mischievous mood today...
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Omah = One man against hugs .....

I first encountered "hugginess" on (mainly American) virtual worlds in the '90's - getting "hugs" every few minutes was bad enough on virtual worlds (so I adopted the acronym) but then "hugs" spread to the real world (mostly young people) - "hugs" along with the use of "mwah", mostly from acquaintances, became the bane of my life, so, in the end I said NO! .....

Of course, I will not refuse to accept hugs from, or give hugs to, those with whom I have a close bond .....
Omah , couldn't have explained it better .
This spread from America and copied by other people because they think it makes them a better person to be seen doing it .
I mean you're a nobody if you don't hug or end every conversation on your phone with I love you

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top