Join for free
Page 4 of 19 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 05:34 PM

Re: It's Been Puzzling Me????

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Erm .. if that was directed at me I didn't call you a traitor.
Less patriotic yes ... which is evident by some Remainers attitude in celebrating every setback the country is suffering during these negotiations.
I personally, just want my country to prosper.

You do sound very very angry if I may be so bold as to say so.
Actually, it was Julie who threw around the traitor accusation.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Any previous century they would be traitors. But that will be called slagging off I'm sure.
But I think you've got a flaming nerve to suggest that Remainers are less patriotic than you.

The Brexit negotiations are doomed to infinite set backs and disasters. Pointing these out is no celebrating them, it's mourning what you Brexires are doing to us in an attempt to halt the folly.

There would be nothing patriotic about ignoring the damage Brexit is doing us. In fact, I think for the Brexiters to try to pretend it isn't happening and put a positive shine on it, just to justify their own vote and attitudes because they think to have to be right, it unpatriotic in the extreme. They put Brexit and what they want first, never mind what it's doing to their country.

Angry doesn't start to describe it. I am livid about what the Brexiters are doing to me, my family and my country.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
But you're NOT undoing it! You're making your own gloomy forecast for future come true!

If you haven't got anything constructive to add to the democratic process were going through now.......then stand aside and let those who want the best for Britain do their best!
I want the best for britain, and that's staying in the EU.

Why would I stand aside and let you do what's worst for Britain.
twizzle
somerset

01-01-2018, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
We have to make a success of leaving, so best just get on with it, a divided nation just gives the advantage to those we are negotiating with.
It's impossible to make a success of leaving so the last thing we should do is just get on with it.

It's vital that the nation stays divided so we can negotiate staying in/getting back in and not making the best of a bad job.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
But you're NOT undoing it! You're making your own gloomy forecast for future come true!

If you haven't got anything constructive to add to the democratic process were going through now.......then stand aside and let those who want the best for Britain do their best!
Well said Lindyloo ..

I feel like I'm watching a Grand Prix race that has finished, is over ... and a whole host of fans haven't caught on yet and are still cheering in the stands for the second place driver to cross the line, mistakenly believing he'll be the winner even though the race is run. And the more antsy ones are trying to shoot out the tyres of the winner as he drives back to the pits or want to assassinate him before he can get to the podium.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
"Brexit means brexit" is as one MP recently said in a radio interview "a load of vacuous tosh" which is meaningless.
This has nothing to do with the referendum.

The referendum specifically asked if we want to remain or leave the EU.

The majority of voters chose to Leave.

Therefore the fundamental requirement of the government is to now ensure we leave the EU (and thus also the ECJ).

It really is that simple.

The complexities that remain are those around new relationships, trade agreements etc.

None of those must affect the fundamental requirement that we leave the EU/ECJ.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 05:41 PM

Well mainly because when we had the previous referendum we all had to do the same and buckle down to try and make it work. Given a new referendum with majority voting out I think it perfectly reasonable to expect remainers to take a turn at doing their best as we leavers had to.

That's democracy one vote each person and try and make whatever decision is made work.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 05:43 PM

Oh this is too early for all this. I am going back to bed.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
I want the best for britain, and that's staying in the EU.

Why would I stand aside and let you do what's worst for Britain.
LET'S GET THIS CLEAR...........*****I****** DIDN'T WANT THIS! UNDERSTOOD....SAVVY????

BUT I UNDERSTAND DEMOCRACY.......SO BE SUPPORTIVE, EVEN IF IT'S ONLY DAMAGE LIMITATION..........

and TRY..............not to be such a flipping DICTATORIAL BULLY!
twizzle
somerset

01-01-2018, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well mainly because when we had the previous referendum we all had to do the same and buckle down to try and make it work. Given a new referendum with majority voting out I think it perfectly reasonable to expect remainers to take a turn at doing their best as we leavers had to.

That's democracy one vote each person and try and make whatever decision is made work.

I think it would be immoral and obscene to try to make something work which will do so much harm to our country and the world. It's not possible to make the Brexit decision work, it can only, and already is, leading to disaster. I think it's important to fight it all the way and make it clear the Brexiters, and the Brexiters only are responsible for Brexit. You're on your own in this.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Actually, it was Julie who threw around the traitor accusation.
Yes, I saw that after I'd replied. You're quite right.
Julie said ... Any previous century they would be traitors.
I never realised you were that old ?

But I think you've got a flaming nerve to suggest that Remainers are less patriotic than you.

The Brexit negotiations are doomed to infinite set backs and disasters. Pointing these out is no celebrating them, it's mourning what you Brexires are doing to us in an attempt to halt the folly.

There would be nothing patriotic about ignoring the damage Brexit is doing us. In fact, I think for the Brexiters to try to pretend it isn't happening and put a positive shine on it, just to justify their own vote and attitudes because they think to have to be right, it unpatriotic in the extreme. They put Brexit and what they want first, never mind what it's doing to their country.

Angry doesn't start to describe it. I am livid about what the Brexiters are doing to me, my family and my country.
Remainers are less patriotic.
They are entitled to stick to their view that they believe leaving the EU is wrong or detrimental to the country.

But there comes a point when any sane person, yes, I mean you, has to suck it up, let it go and see and search for the positives of leaving .... not continually rant on about the positives of the EU, and maximize and churn out destructive propaganda about the negatives of leaving ... as you seem only able to do.

Give a Remainer another nail , as they've already built a coffin for the UK.

Page 4 of 19 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top