Join for free
Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 01:45 PM

Re: Poor Arthur

Oh I forgot to update

Arthur can now keep his eye open and the vet saw new blood vessels so all is going really well

Hes one more follow up on Tuesday for another debridement and I think he will then be discharged

Hes as good as gold for the vet, sits quietly while she pokes away with cotton buds and shines lights in, not a murmur from him. And seeing as he really isn't a lap cat, hates to be handled and hides away when strangers are here, its really amazing
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 01:48 PM

Wonderful news for you and Arthur
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 01:50 PM

I am so pleased about Arthur, but you must take some credit too Missy! I have experience of dealing with injured, or sick, cats, and it takes a lot of love and patience.....so well done you!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 01:53 PM

Yes well done Missy. it's great to hear he is doing so well.

It is odd how vets manage to calm animals down. I remember I had to take one of my cats for a heart scan and I was thinking OMG she will rip the vet's arms off but she was as gold as gold and almost fell asleep.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes well done Missy. it's great to hear he is doing so well.

It is odd how vets manage to calm animals down. I remember I had to take one of my cats for a heart scan and I was thinking OMG she will rip the vet's arms off but she was as gold as gold and almost fell asleep.

We are so lucky at out vets. It's a farm vet mainly, geared towards cows and sheep. At one point the small animal waiting room was the porch and the surgery was the consulting room as well and the recovery area was the staff room . But the small animal vets are excellent , very much different to the farm vets who whilst they know their business , don't have the same way with pets as Danni and Lydia have.

Alfie , my last dog used to have to get his anal glands emptied every month. Lydia would have them done before he even noticed what was happening, the large animal vets, well all I can say is a nurse would have to go in instead of me because the squeals from Alfie would have me in tears I learned to ask for Lydia
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
We are so lucky at out vets. It's a farm vet mainly, geared towards cows and sheep. At one point the small animal waiting room was the porch and the surgery was the consulting room as well and the recovery area was the staff room . But the small animal vets are excellent , very much different to the farm vets who whilst they know their business , don't have the same way with pets as Danni and Lydia have.

Alfie , my last dog used to have to get his anal glands emptied every month. Lydia would have them done before he even noticed what was happening, the large animal vets, well all I can say is a nurse would have to go in instead of me because the squeals from Alfie would have me in tears I learned to ask for Lydia
that sounds perfect. Our vets, now, is ok but they do tend to rotate vets quite a bit so we never really get to know anyone.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 11:17 PM

Good news Missy, I'm pleased Arthur is doing so well....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Good news Missy, I'm pleased Arthur is doing so well....

Same from me, Missy. Hope he continues to improve now.
Mel15
Nowhere

09-07-2018, 11:48 AM

I spoke too soon

Arthur was admitted this morning very poorly

They don’t know what’s wrong they are running tests at the moment and hopefully will know more this afternoon
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 11:52 AM

Oh no! Please let us know Missy.

Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top