Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 09:36 AM

Re: MP Naz Shah calls for calm after Police shooting

[QUOTE=Puddle Duck;1066721]According to one news report last night, Yorkshire police don't use body-cams. That to me is very odd, considering the reputation that the Yorks police have achieved in the last few years. Saying that, maybe they weren't the ordinary police, they could have been from a different undercover section if it was related to a bigger crime they were involved in. I suppose we will eventually find out.
With regard to the violence erupting, the police need to get a handle on that straight away and no messing , otherwise it will be a regular thing every time someone from the ethnic communities is arrested, just to get their presence felt .[/QUOTE]

I can't agree with that Puddle duck! Yorkshire has many foreign people who, if they choose to live in this country, should learn to live like the rest of the peaceful community. Police put their lives on the line every time they go to work and they are more at risk since the number of foreigners have increased. Why have cams to prove that the police took the right action, cams have never been necessary before? If the man they shot was carrying a gun in his car and they had reports that he was involved in a criminal offence, then surely he was the cause of his own death.
In the same position, I am sure that everyone would prefer to shoot the well known criminal than risk being shot themselves.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 10:44 AM

Hi

The incident was not Terrorist related, it was purely Criminal.

I really could not give two hoots what the ethnic background of the person involved was and I am extremely annoyed, once again, that so called Community Leaders are involved.

If he had been white, middle class, Chinese, Polish, etc etc, we would not have had this problem.

A criminal is a criminal, is a criminal, end of story.

If you confronted by an armed Police Officer, you freeze, you do not move and you exactly what he or she says.

Not very difficult is it?

I live in a Rural Area, it is not unusual to see a person carrying a broken, unloaded shotgun across a road to get from one field to another.

Nobody bats an eyelid.

You do not have a firearm in your car, other than in the boot of the vehicle.

There is absolutely no reason to have a firearm in the passenger compartment at all, other than for criminal activity.

The problem we have here in the UK is not with legal firearms, loads of them here, no issue at all.

The problem is with illegal ones, of which there are plenty around, especially amongst drug dealers.

We need to send a very clear message, get caught with an illegal gun, 10 years minimum and seizure of assets, with discretion for the CPS to institute proceedings.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
According to one news report last night, Yorkshire police don't use body-cams. That to me is very odd, considering the reputation that the Yorks police have achieved in the last few years. Saying that, maybe they weren't the ordinary police, they could have been from a different undercover section if it was related to a bigger crime they were involved in. I suppose we will eventually find out.
With regard to the violence erupting, the police need to get a handle on that straight away and no messing , otherwise it will be a regular thing every time someone from the ethnic communities is arrested, just to get their presence felt .
Please remember that Yorkshire is a large county with separate police forces for four different divisions. The reputation you allude to (presumably the Rotherham scandal) is South Yorkshire. We in Huddersfield are in West Yorkshire.

The last fatal shooting incident involving the police was in 2010 when a `local boy` chose to shoot and wound a policeman. He was shot in return and died from his injuries. If you saw his grave in the local cemetery you would think he was some kind of folk hero instead of the thug and drug dealer he actually was. This hero worship no doubt will be extended to Yaqub, devoted family man and friend to all who never did anything wrong, by misguided people blind to the truth.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Please remember that Yorkshire is a large county with separate police forces for four different divisions. The reputation you allude to (presumably the Rotherham scandal) is South Yorkshire. We in Huddersfield are in West Yorkshire.

The last fatal shooting incident involving the police was in 2010 when a `local boy` chose to shoot and wound a policeman. He was shot in return and died from his injuries. If you saw his grave in the local cemetery you would think he was some kind of folk hero instead of the thug and drug dealer he actually was. This hero worship no doubt will be extended to Yaqub, devoted family man and friend to all who never did anything wrong, by misguided people blind to the truth.
Sorry, only repeating what the news channel said. I refrained from pointing out it was West Yorkshire Police as they have a reputation of 'unprofessional standards' . Nothing to do with Rotherham and I do understand that there are different forces in Yorkshire. Is it 'have a go' at Puddle again today , because I'm going out .

Enjoy your day, it's a beautiful day here .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I agree. This support by people who, for some reason, admire the criminals involved should be stamped on.

If people break the law they should be punished, and if people support the people who break the law they should be punished too by virtue of the fact that they are publicly stating that they support the criminal.

As I've said before, the law in this country is far too soft and the authorities turning a blind eye to these objectors and complainers is only going to encourage even more of the same, quite probably leading to violence and riots on the streets.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Sorry, only repeating what the news channel said. I refrained from pointing out it was West Yorkshire Police as they have a reputation of 'unprofessional standards' . Nothing to do with Rotherham and I do understand that there are different forces in Yorkshire. Is it 'have a go' at Puddle again today , because I'm going out .

Enjoy your day, it's a beautiful day here .
Hi

Nothing at all to do with having a go at you at all.

You post rationally and are always open to different views.

It is a genuine pleasure to discuss things on here with you.

We may not always agree, but then I am not always right.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 04:45 PM

The parents of the dead men have been on the news terribly distressed and saying their son was a kind gentle boy.
Well they are his parents so maybe he was to them - I am not sure that this should be shown on the news.
One wonders though why a kind gentle man would need 10 CCTV cameras on his house.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

05-01-2017, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The parents of the dead men have been on the news terribly distressed and saying their son was a kind gentle boy.
Well they are his parents so maybe he was to them - I am not sure that this should be shown on the news.
One wonders though why a kind gentle man would need 10 CCTV cameras on his house.
Hi

Particularly as the house had been subject to a drive by shooting,

He was registered as unemployed, but owned a Lamborghini.

He was hardly a good Muslim, he was on a dating site, describing himself as Badboy Stud.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Particularly as the house had been subject to a drive by shooting,

He was registered as unemployed, but owned a Lamborghini.

He was hardly a good Muslim, he was on a dating site, describing himself as Badboy Stud.
Now hes a dead boy and holier than when he was alive
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Or a handgun by his car seat!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top