Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 11:37 PM

Putting the clocks back

The time is almost upon us when we will all have to alter our clocks again ready for winter.

Do you think we should still do this, or would you rather not?
How many clocks to you have to alter in your house?

Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 06:23 AM

Re: Putting the clocks back

I wish they would give up this daft idea.
All the reasons about farmer being in the dark dont hold water most cow sheds are now all electric anyway and farmers will be up in the dark no matter if we change the clocks or not.

Road accidents peak after changing the clock and for at least a week people feel jet lagged.

Luckily I only have to change about 5 clocks manually.
Oh plus all the clocks for the old people who get into a tizz with them!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 07:17 AM

One manually, and the car's. the lounge one is radio controlled so will do so automatically.

I have a small clock radio in the kitchen which, though plugged in, I never consult, cos I don't bother changing it now. Too fiddly. For some months of the year it'll be showing the correct time anyway. Edit. Just looked at it...it's switched off! See, I told you it was a nuisance!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 07:35 AM

It's not the clocks in the house that are the problem it's mine and my wifes watches. Tiny little knob on the side you have to unscrew slightly, pull out just the right amount or the date gets altered, change the time, push it back in again, taking care not to turn it even a fraction or the time changes or the date changes, then screw it tight. Why is life so bloomin' difficult??
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 07:39 AM

The only clock in my house is the one on the computer - and that sorts itself out. Changing times does not bother me - never has, it is just another sign of approaching Winter - but I would be loathe to lose yet another tradition - they are being eroded fast enough as it is.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 07:48 AM

Not a prob' for Me either..Kitchen/Lounge clocks..2 min's ...done and dusted.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 09:03 AM

Oh the Summer days of childhood when the clocks were change twice and Summer evenings remained light until near 11pm and were always warm.
Anyway that is how I remember them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 09:04 AM

Steven collects clocks so it's a big operation for us, but that is our choice, what annoys me about it is 3-4 weeks later it has made no difference anyway as nature catches up.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 09:12 AM

I'm ok, we don't have DST where I live. But I would welcome it and be glad to change the time on all my chronological gadgets twice a year.
Shame about the fading curtains though.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 09:22 AM

Personally I think its a waste of time.

I have:

5 Clocks
Video Clock
Computer Clock
Oven Clock
Alarm Clock
Two Watches

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top