Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 08:58 PM

Re: Lack of sleep....solutions?

Or a massage with warm oils?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 09:06 PM

Hi

The only sleep that is deeper than the sleep of the just is the sleep of the just after.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The only sleep that is deeper than the sleep of the just is the sleep of the just after.
You worded that better than my mind did!!!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 09:50 PM

Not giving advice about pain management, but I think sleepwise you should try and make some sort of routine around your preferred sleepy time.

Sleep needs relaxation beforehand of some kind, to shut the brain down. Condition your mind for 'me' time.

Do relaxing things, not wind up stuff like being online past a certain time.

Warm relaxing baths. Lavender (again ). Get into reading a good book. Great to lie in bed with the lights low and read till you feel sleepy.

Boozing can keep you awake and can make the mind tick over.

Edited to add.....put a poster of Jennifer Anniston on your wall (if you've not already got one) and prepare to dream your fantasy
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
You need to be careful Tpin.

Even herbal medicines such as Valerial have the potential for adverse interactions with analgesic drugs (painkillers)

Check with your GP before taking any 'self prescribed' remedies.

I agree with Pats here. Sometimes people think because something is 'herbal' it must be harmless.
Although this may be the case on it's own, it is not always realised they can work differently if combined with more orthodox drugs. They can also affect how some orthodox perform too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Or a massage with warm oils?

I believe Tpin is on his own though Rhian, so might need a bit of help with that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

28-06-2016, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Not giving advice about pain management, but I think sleepwise you should try and make some sort of routine around your preferred sleepy time.

Sleep needs relaxation beforehand of some kind, to shut the brain down. Condition your mind for 'me' time.

Do relaxing things, not wind up stuff like being online past a certain time.

Warm relaxing baths. Lavender (again ). Get into reading a good book. Great to lie in bed with the lights low and read till you feel sleepy.

Boozing can keep you awake and can make the mind tick over.

Edited to add.....put a poster of Jennifer Anniston on your wall (if you've not already got one) and prepare to dream your fantasy

I agree with Pesta, Tpin.
Part of your trouble might be that you have got a lot on your mind at the moment, what with trying to work, and dealing with authorities about your Mum as well.

But it is no good expecting to sleep if you are going to lay there thinking about the day, or things you have got to get done tomorrow. You need to be able to switch off.
Could you do this by reading something you find soothing, nothing stimulating or it won't work. Maybe a mug of hot milk or chocolate would help too.
Try to establish a pattern helps too. dyou try to get to bed at a similar time each night, your body will eventually start getting tired as that time approaches.

As far as pain goes, see if there is a McTimoney practitioner in your area. They are trained differently to osteopaths and ordinary chiropractors. It might well be worth taking some time out to go and talk to one and see if they can help your back feel more comfortable. Link below to see if there is one in your area.
The trouble is, if you are in pain, you may not be walking equally balanced, and this can over-use one side of you, which will cause more problems as a knock-on affect. So it may not be just your original injury causing you pain, you may need 're-alignment' work done from time to time too.

I am not a professional of course, this is just my advice.
Go on. Pamper yourself a little and you may be pleasantly surprised.

http://www.mctimoney-chiropractic.org/
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 11:51 PM

A sad lamp improved my sleep habits.

I used to only sleep for four hours a night - now it's six - if I'm lucky, seven.
I found out about them when I was investigating insomnia on the internet. Initially, these were used for winter depression but it was discovered that a side effect was better sleep.

Do your own research - sad lamps and insomnia - there's a lot about it on the net.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

29-06-2016, 12:00 AM

I've heard that too Carol!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 10:37 AM

Once again.......thanks.

After reviewing the advice I'm going to give Rhian and Pesta's ideas a try.

I've booked a full massage with Miss Aniston and she's agreed to use Lavender oils.

If I fall asleep I'll be furious.

Ps...pesta, was Miss Aniston a guess?
She's my ideal woman......always liked her.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top