Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 07:16 AM

Re: Loneliness and ill health

Personal space invasion alert.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 01:07 PM

Don't let them get too close Nom!

Batten down hatches and raise the drawbridge!
Prepare to repel boarders!

Wanna borrow my tinfoil helmet?
They're into mind control, that lot!

I trained the Poinkers too well, now they are a formidable power and out of control!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Don't let them get too close Nom!

Batten down hatches and raise the drawbridge!
Prepare to repel boarders!

Wanna borrow my tinfoil helmet?
They're into mind control, that lot!

I trained the Poinkers too well, now they are a formidable power and out of control!
They will fall at the first handbag shop.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
They will fall at the first handbag shop.

That's what you think. Just be prepared.
One of these days, my little naturist Nom, you will hear a faint sound outside your cave door.
You will grumble and moan, as is your custom, then putting your vest back on, you will make your way to the door and ensuring the heavy chain is firmly in place, you will grudgingly open it just a few inches. The door creaks and protests as it is a decades since it has been opened.
Peering fiercely around the gap, club in other hand, you will stop in your tracks, agog at the beauty in front of you - Aphrodite will spring to mind, you will be confused and befuddled and your jaw will drop.
Standing before you is a vision of loveliness like you never dreamed existed. All thoughts of Dita vanish instantly, never to return.

Totally captivated and at a loss to know what to say, you will slide the rusty chain from the back of the door and allow this Goddess to enter, tugging your vest down to protect your modesty. . .

Bit it will be me, finally found you and come to deliver such a good wallop from myself and my fellow Poinkers for all the times you have undermined our good names and integrity.

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

24-08-2016, 05:13 PM

First it seems my knee length string vest has got you poinkers all of a dither, at the risk of further inflaming your passions i must inform you all that as a trendy Nom and with keeping up with the yoof of the land, said vest has had the knee area slashed to show of said appendages.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 05:19 PM

You Sir, are the male equivalent of a Hussy. Shame on you.

Mind you, having given it further thought, I could perhaps get a picture for the "Different View" thread. . . . Hmm, I like that idea.
callistra
london uk
callistra is female  callistra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 02:14 PM

I think it can go beyond being lonely. Long hours on your own each day, perhaps due to ill health, being widowed, retiring. etc can alter your perspective, things can grow out of proportion. So you worry more, lose interest in doing anything, everything seems an effort. That may lead to poor appetite, insomnia, ignoring health problems, so ending up with worse health. It can all feed on itself in a vicious circle. Each person needs different things. Some may find company helps, while someone else might appreciate an offer to drive them to appointments or to shops., help with the garden, or whatever. On your own there is also the worry that if you are ill, who will know or look after you.
I know there are a lot of kind people who would help, sometimes its just hard to ask.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top