Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 10:59 AM

Re: Anyone had a prostate biopsy ?

I doubt anyone will find us from what I posted goldie and this forum one member in particular was only way we got his knee replacement done in the end.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 11:21 AM

I would still err on the side of caution. As your IP address is unique to your PC. I had a very interesting chat last night to a friend who runs a Spanish Forum. You live and learn

I very much doubt a forum would sway NHS decision making policies. But I suspect people just like taking the credit.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Husband's latest health problem, he is due to have a prostate biopsy soon, he asked hospital if he needs time off work and got a woolie well possibly. He does a manual job some heavy lifting so needs to book time off if it's necessary, so wondered if anyone has had it and would they think a couple of days off a good idea ?
I had one done a few years back. Uncomfortable at the time but no painful aftereffects. Blood in the urine for a couple of days afterwards.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
I would still err on the side of caution. As your IP address is unique to your PC. I had a very interesting chat last night to a friend who runs a Spanish Forum. You live and learn

I very much doubt a forum would sway NHS decision making policies. But I suspect people just like taking the credit.

Not claiming he changed policy goldie he just gave us tools to complain to right people to get it done. Sometimes it's just getting the right people to listen makes the difference.

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
I had one done a few years back. Uncomfortable at the time but no painful aftereffects. Blood in the urine for a couple of days afterwards.

Thanks Scot that's helpful.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 01:20 PM

My close friend who is almost 80 has just undergone two biopsies. The first was done via the rectum and was done in the day clinic with no problem or distress. The second was a little more unpleasant and involved a full anaesthetic but on awakening there was no pain at all and he wondered if in fact it had been done. He is now on medication until September when he starts radiotherapy. He feels fine and although it was confirmed that he had Prostate cancer, the surgeon said he could pretty much guarantee another ten good years. At 80 that's more than most of us can expect.
After both of these ops he was able to go back to his light work duties.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

15-07-2016, 01:22 PM

Thanks ez.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Husband's latest health problem, he is due to have a prostate biopsy soon, he asked hospital if he needs time off work and got a woolie well possibly. He does a manual job some heavy lifting so needs to book time off if it's necessary, so wondered if anyone has had it and would they think a couple of days off a good idea ?
Always thought that Prostate cancer if found early was by a blood test and just treated by day admissions if not gone to far.

All the people I know with this condition (4) have no problems if caught in the first stages.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
My close friend who is almost 80 has just undergone two biopsies. The first was done via the rectum and was done in the day clinic with no problem or distress. The second was a little more unpleasant and involved a full anaesthetic but on awakening there was no pain at all and he wondered if in fact it had been done. He is now on medication until September when he starts radiotherapy. He feels fine and although it was confirmed that he had Prostate cancer, the surgeon said he could pretty much guarantee another ten good years. At 80 that's more than most of us can expect.
After both of these ops he was able to go back to his light work duties.

Sounds more like Bowel cancer which in the past I had to undertake.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Always thought that Prostate cancer if found early was by a blood test and just treated by day admissions if not gone to far.

All the people I know with this condition (4) have no problems if caught in the first stages.
Blood tests are notoriously unreliable for this condition. Many false positives and false negatives. Even a biopsy cannot always be relied upon, depending on exactly where they take the tissue sample.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Blood tests are notoriously unreliable for this condition. Many false positives and false negatives. Even a biopsy cannot always be relied upon, depending on exactly where they take the tissue sample.
In my case they took several samples.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top