Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 05:50 PM

Re: Rollator.

Nom, have a look at the Rollators on Amazon - you will find many reviews on them which you may find reassuring.
From reading them I found one thing you should check out before you buy one ..... how to lock the wheels when you need to sit on it rather than just holding onto the brakes.

This sounds ideal for helping you get around but I agree with Mups to try using one (maybe around the shop) before you buy.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 06:11 PM

Oddly enough I saw someone using one of those in the shops yesterday and wondered why she needed it charging along.

Nom for general use around the house have you tried a tetra or tripod stick.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/NRS-Healthc...HCMTWPQ1V1ZQCM

Dad had one he could balance better with it than with a stick and it didn't fall over all the time.
He had one on long term loan from the Red Cross stores, I mentioned them to you before.

They may have something like the Rollator that you can try out.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
What's a Rollator ? Is it like a skateboard ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 06:23 PM

My Mum uses one and finds it very useful.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Im considering getting a Rollator, it will fold up and has a seat. My walking is not improving and it will be better than a stick.

Has anyone used one and if so any problems or things i should look for. ?
Have you looked on Youtube ,? I put in Rollator and came up with a few videos , you might find the comments interesting .
Things to consider is up and down a step ,and seems it would not be of use on grass areas .

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ollator+walker
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 06:38 AM

Thanks for all the answers everyone, will do a google for Red Cross stores and see if we have one in my area.

PS we have but its closed today, will look tomorrow.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 07:17 AM

Nom, I found them really good to deal with when Mum was still alive.
I borrowed a wheelchair from them and the one they delivered was a brand new one, so we were lucky.
I didn't just want the chair to take her for the odd appointment, I needed it permanently, so they put it down as a 'long term loan' on their paperwork.
All they asked for was a small donation,for which I was glad to oblige.
They also came back to help when I had a problem with the foot rests, and fixed that for me too.
Good luck, I hope you get as friendly and helpful a service as I did from them.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 07:25 AM

Morning Mups, there must be some that are recycled so i will ask around to see if anyone knows where. Like everything until you need one its off your radar, i will try some of the charity shops and ask if they know where and look at the classifieds as well.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 07:27 AM

I'm wondering if walking with TWO elbow crutches might help you Nom. As Eliza said: A rollator wouldn't be any use on grass or up steps.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

24-07-2016, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I'm wondering if walking with TWO elbow crutches might help you Nom. As Eliza said: A rollator wouldn't be any use on grass or up steps.
Ive been wondering the same Carol, the elbow support may have some benefit, either way i feel im going backwards rather than improving as i had hoped.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top