Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 11:30 AM

Re: I hate doing it but another complaint has been logged against NHS staff

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
This is not the time nor the place.
There's a political section for your views.
You are sounding more like me every day !
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 11:39 AM

I think you have to decide just what has to be gained with legal action against the NHS.
Can you put up with the headaches and aggravation it will cause you....I think you have enough on your shoulders as it is.
You must remember that all the staff in any hospital are just doing their best, they are not saints, nor are they miracle workers, they are human just like yourself and they will make the occasional mistake.
I know it's terrible when it happens to you and your precious loved ones, but just take a step back and a few deep breaths and ask yourself what is to be gained for you and your mum.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Sorry to hear this, Terry. The main thing is to ensure she receives proper treatment now, although a lawsuit is bound to deliver a metaphorical kick up the backside.

At the end of the day, I'm afraid all you're going to get is an official statement: "Lessons have been learnt". Disgusting, I know, but it's what they do.
The lawsuit isn't for this JBR, I wouldn't be so petty.

The lawsuit is because Stepping Hill Hospital staff were negligent in their care for her. This negligence, last September, resulted in her becoming quadraplegic.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 11:43 AM

Please be advised.

I have only complained to PALS about this recent episode.
There is NO lawsuit for this.
I am not of the suing culture.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

24-08-2016, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
You are sounding more like me every day !
Shine a light, all this stress is having an adverse effect on me.
I need professional help.

God forbid I buy a Jaaaag next.....though I admit to liking the
F-Type.
Mmm, sell my Merc, add a bit of man maths to justify the extra £15k.......NO, stop it Terry
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Please be advised.

I have only complained to PALS about this recent episode.
There is NO lawsuit for this.
I am not of the suing culture.
I think I had assumed that tpin you never sound like a sue happy chappy to me.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

24-08-2016, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think I had assumed that tpin you never sound like a sue happy chappy to me.
I think my 'lawyers' statement may have caused confusion(understandably) amongst some of our more elderly sections of the community

Namely Malcolm and JBR
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

24-08-2016, 12:06 PM

I think you have to decide just what has to be gained with legal action against the NHS.
Can you put up with the headaches and aggravation it will cause you....I think you have enough on your shoulders as it is.
You must remember that all the staff in any hospital are just doing their best, they are not saints, nor are they miracle workers, they are human just like yourself and they will make the occasional mistake.
I know it's terrible when it happens to you and your precious loved ones, but just take a step back and a few deep breaths and ask yourself what is to be gained for you and your mum.
Sorry for offering advice Terry, it won't happen again !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 12:11 PM

Hi Tpin there was an interesting item about UTIs on the radio the other day. They can cause confusion and disorientation in the elderly making it difficult to give a clear diagnosis. In the past people have been incorrectly admitted for psychiatric treatment only to discover the culprit was a UTI

This is just a suggestion, maybe the initial test for an ITU proved negative (as it did with my sister recently) but having cultured a specimen which can take some days bacteria was found
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

24-08-2016, 12:12 PM

Sorry for offering advice Terry, it won't happen again !
Your advice is welcomed and I apologise if I came over as unappreciative, that was not my intention.

Maybe, in my haste to point out that we weren't suing, it was lost.

My other replies were in jest, trying to inject some humour, some thing that I use as a defence mechanism, to make light rather than totally accept the predicament.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top