Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 10:05 AM

Re: injections for babies

The meningitis vaccine has been rolled out for 8 week old babes.

Thinking about that one, we shouldn't be complaining, as one of my grand children had meningitis at 10 months old. Not nice and horrendously, traumatic. Fortunately ,she recovered well, but sadly many don't . All down to a speedy response, of 35 mins in total, from phone call to services who didn't think there was much to worry about, to being strung up to life support in Alder Hey Hospital. Things could have been so different and Alder Hey is the most wonderful place. Another hospital might not have had the same results..

If any mums suspect, get them to a hospital don't wait for a doctors appointment the following morning.

So the injections are good, just the way they are administered could maybe improved a bit.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 10:17 AM

Tasha had menengitis at 15 years old that's one to watch out for always IMO lost half her foot to it
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Tasha had menengitis at 15 years old that's one to watch out for always IMO lost half her foot to it
That is so awful, and I'm very sorry for Tasha. A dreadful infection which , hopefully, will be eradicated in the future.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 08:45 PM

A very small number of newborn babies, about one in 10,000 have vitamin K deficiency bleeding (VKDB)
These babies don't have enough vitamin K to make their blood clot, if a baby has a deficiency of vitamin K, and may spontaneously bruise or bleed, this can happen within the first 12 weeks of birth.

What were the injections that were given to the one yearold ?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 06:11 PM

I'm not sure what the 4 injections were . I saw her nanny yesterday and she was feeling ok the next day , she had been given paracetamol and calpol help her sleep .

I still feel uncomfortable with 4 at once and think it should be over weeks or months not one in each arm and leg.

My grandaughter had a terrible reaction to her first injection , she was so poorly for weeks and came out in hives , now we've learned there are eggs in the mmr and that is her allergy she can't eat eggs
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 09:04 PM

My young grandson, aged 4 at the time, had an injection ready for starting school and I went along with my daughter. It was awful, she held both his arms by his side, from behind, a nurse each side of him injected his arms.

I was standing in front of him stroking his legs, smiling reassuringly - as best I could - fortunately it was over quickly and he flew into my arms for a cuddle.

Upset me for days

I hope the little one is over it now, susanm..

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top