Join for free
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 11:04 PM

Confused? You Should Be!

It has recently been reported in the Media that sunflower seed oil and soya bean oil is not healthy if heated to smoking point and eaten to excess .
Not so Olive oil. Now, after years of avoiding lard and being told it causes ‘Hardening of the arteries, it seems it is better than sunflower seed oil especialy for frying. We all know that anything fried or roasted in lard, is much tastier then cooked on oil. Such contradictory advice.
Researched By Martin Gootveld, Professor of bio analytical chemistry, at De Montfield University Leicester
D Mail July 2015.

Today in the D Express the heading on page 9 reads: How lounging in the sun could stop heart attacks, By Cardiologist, Dr Francisco Lopez-Jimenez Mayo Clinic Minnesota U S A

Previously for years, we have been warned to avoid the sun and cover up with sun- screen if going out, or we will end up looking like wrinkled prune.

Well, I know many men all ages up to 95 and at the first sight of the sun, they go topless without any sunscreen, and often as nature intended in the privacy of their own back garden.
They all look fit and healthy sans wrinkles.

My friend who’s 70 years young and a fine figure of a man, thinks he is safe sunbathing behind a bush in his garden!
His neighbour Maggie next door has bought a telescope…and she is not looking a the stars!!

Hope she doesn’t go blind!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 11:52 PM

Re: Confused? You Should Be!

It's always been the same Azure. After us doing things for years that we've been told are healthy and beneficial to us, the 'experts' suddenly do further research and announce the opposite.

Red wine is good/bad
Vitamin supplements good/useless
Coffee bad/good
Sunshine good then bad
Now its bacon/sausages bad.

It goes on and on. I think we can only decide for ourselves, and hope most things in moderation won't do much harm.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 12:09 AM

It's enough to drive you to drink, I just don't pay any attention to these experts anymore Azure, they are losing credibility by the day, it's just a big mad rush for them to have their 'paper' published and have their name seen in the hope that they will land a cushy job for life.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 12:28 AM

Just do and eat what you feel! We're all living too long anyway!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 06:45 AM

Stuff all the superfruits, yesterday I read that 3 glasses of Champers a day keeps the alzhiemers away ...Now we just have to get the NHS to prescribe it!
oxymoron47
Australia
oxymoron47 is male  oxymoron47 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 10:05 AM

I really hate all those old wives tales about health. I'm often told that I look much younger than my age. I usually reply that I put it down to three things. Good red wine, single malt Scotch whiskey and bad women.

When I told my wife that, she very strongly told me that she wasn't a bad woman. After I told her that I wasn't talking about her, she hit me!

It's not a true story, but I like it.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by oxymoron47 ->
I really hate all those old wives tales about health. I'm often told that I look much younger than my age. I usually reply that I put it down to three things. Good red wine, single malt Scotch whiskey and bad women.

When I told my wife that, she very strongly told me that she wasn't a bad woman. After I told her that I wasn't talking about her, she hit me!

It's not a true story, but I like it.
Great story and very funny Oxy.

Mentioned before I eat what I want not what I am
told to do. Still can run and walk fast and only 3 months
to my 69th birthday so I must be eating and drinking
something good.

Bring on the wine and occasional vodka. I am happy
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 10:14 PM

I agree with all your Comments

How can they get it so wrong!

I suppoes the next thing will be 'Salt is good for your Health'

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top