Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 02:02 PM

Re: Here I am in hospital. Again!

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Yes folks here I am at 2.10am in the morning sitting here tapping on my IPad in Glan Clwd Hospital 18 miles away from home, on a bed waiting for the Doctor!Kenny.
Only just logged on, hoping things have settled down now Kenny.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Good luck Kenny im in hospital myself on Friday for an MRI scan and other tests as they think i had a mini stroke so they need to check me over.

Hoping things go well for you too on Friday.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 02:43 PM

WOW! Guys, and thank you for your many posts, and I have read them all, of kindness, concern and advice.
I can't reply to everyone, but you know what I mean.

Well I arrived back home around 7.00am, had a bite to eat, and off to bed.
Up again at 10.00am as I had a Dentists appointment for 11.40AM in Abergele. I now have an appointment booked to see my own doctor at 3.30PM this afternoon to tell him what has gone on, and hopefully decide what to do with me.
You never know, he just might say...

"Well Mr. Thain, I have ordered an ambulance to take you to the knackers yard. Bye Bye!!!

Since my heart operation in June my blood pressure has usually been around 130/75, which is pretty good.
But a couple of times it has gone up to 170/80 which is high, but didn't feel the need to telephone NHS Direct which I did yesterday evening. After listening to what I said they immediately sent an ambulance.
In the ambulance it went to 197/90, so it is possible I have had a lucky escape there. At least for now.

Thank you again folks for all your many posts.
I am chuffed to bits about that.

Best regards

Kenny

PS.

And good luck to you as well Docholiday.

This must be a worry for you as well.
I had a MRI scan on my brain recently.

The good news is that the consultant found a brain.
The bad news is that it has some minor age related wear!
Good luck Kenny i am in hospital myself on Friday for an MRI scan and other tests as they think i had a mini stroke so they need to check me over.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 02:45 PM

Hi Kenny, glad you're back home. Good luck at the doctors.

You too, Doc!

Thinking of you both.
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 03:10 PM

You must have been a little shocked, Kenny. Good job your good lady checked you up like that ! I hope you soon get back to your old self and just take things steady !
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by GillyT ->
You must have been a little shocked, Kenny. Good job your good lady checked you up like that ! I hope you soon get back to your old self and just take things steady !
Thank you for your kind words and advice there GillyT.

Yes, my wonderful Wife checks my blood pressure in the morning and late evening with a Boots Blood Pressure Arm Monitor.
In fact GillyT, I would recommend for anyone to buy one as they can be a life saver!
And I feel that it has been for me.

http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Blood-...nitor_1014526/

Boots Blood Pressure Arm Monitor
£29.99

Boots Pharmaceuticals Blood Pressure Arm Monitor. Last reading memory, Hypertension indicator and easy to use. Always read the product information before use.

Not long back from the Doctors.
He has put me on medication Losartan to help bring my blood pressure down, and keep it down.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 06:29 PM

I have high blood pressure too Kenny,and am on five different medications for it. I take a reading around once a week ...today for instance it was 145/82
I was interested to know just what your reading is usually .... as you take it every day ?
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

11-11-2015, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
I have high blood pressure too Kenny,and am on five different medications for it. I take a reading around once a week ...today for instance it was 145/82
I was interested to know just what your reading is usually .... as you take it every day ?
O.K. Malcom.

Here are just my reading taken in the evening for the past week starting the first day to last night.

162/74...

128/60

154/61

144/62

152/66

141/70

124/60

and then last night these readings were taken by my Wife...

184/90

By the ambulance paramedics at my house

190/85

197/90

so they said.

You need to be in hospital...

NOW!

PS

My Wife just took a 135/80 reading.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 06:43 PM

Not so bad at all until last night mate, are you on any other daily meds
I take, a beta blocker, alpha blocker, calcium channel antagonist, diuretic and an aspirin.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

11-11-2015, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Not so bad at all until last night mate, are you on any other daily meds
I take, a beta blocker, alpha blocker, calcium channel antagonist, diuretic and an aspirin.
I am on Amioderone to help keep my heart in sinus.
Wharfarin. for blood thinning.
Finistride and Tamulosin to help with my prostate.
Sildenafil for hard ons!!!

Now Losartan for my blood pressure.

Hope this info helps Malcolm.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top