Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 03:00 PM

T.E.N.S Pain Relief

Am thinking of buying one have any of you used one and do they help with pain?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 03:03 PM

Re: T.E.N.S Pain Relief

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Am thinking of buying one have any of you used one and do they help with pain?
Yes Doc use everyday - mine is called a pain pen sold on Amazon. Would not be without it, works the same as painkillers - any questions on it, just ask
BTW - didn't get on with the hospital version, found the pen more effective
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 03:21 PM

Yep, got a cupboard full. NHS were giving them out free.
Cant say they work, I just turned mine up full until it was burning my back and left it there on the basis that the brain can only feel one pain at a time (so they say)
Otherwise just a ruddy nuisance .
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 03:41 PM

oh how strange to ask doc -- i was having physio tues and he told me to buy just that --he said chemist sells them ... so i will ..is there different types patsy ...........
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 04:01 PM

I was going to get one when I had my accident but when I went for my follow up visit to the hospital the surgeon told me that I must never use a Tens machine because of the metal in my arm and shoulder. Since that was where the pain was there was no point in buying one.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 04:24 PM

I bought one from Boots the Chemist but I am afraid it did nothing for the pain I was in due to a frozen shoulder.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by toffee ->
oh how strange to ask doc -- i was having physio tues and he told me to buy just that --he said chemist sells them ... so i will ..is there different types patsy ...........
I will post a link below toffee
I use mine for neck and shoulder problems and sometimes is affective for back too - the only drawback is you need someone to do it for you, the good thing is it works through your clothes. It stings but can be worth it

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...en%2Caps%2C199
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 04:41 PM

That's weird! I was at the docs this morning and was given more tablets! Grrr! I've been reading a Stephen King book about a guy who cures people with electricity and putting the two together I thought I'd try a tens machine. I wonder if it would work on hands and feet too!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

19-11-2015, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
That's weird! I was at the docs this morning and was given more tablets! Grrr! I've been reading a Stephen King book about a guy who cures people with electricity and putting the two together I thought I'd try a tens machine. I wonder if it would work on hands and feet too!
Its worth a try TessA - if its arthritis or general joint pain
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 05:03 PM

I have had one for a long time. Although it does not help me, but some say it works for them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top