Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 07:13 PM

Re: T.E.N.S Pain Relief

Got it. Here you go.
http://altisundhed.dk/media/pdf/paingone_acupoints.pdf
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 07:26 PM

I understand the initial confusion now - there are 'two' pens and one is 'acupressure pen'
I find the normal pain gone pen more effective as its just a matter of pressing where the pain is - 30 times in one hit
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
I've just ordered a 'Pain Gone' pen, they do have really good reviews.

I have a Ten Machine that I bought too many years ago to remember, I do remember paying around £80 for it. It had pads that you stuck on places that hurt, only got relief while it was buzzing and stinging which did mask the pain.....turned off the pain back. Just hope this works physio at hospital hasn't done any good.
If you have any questions when you receive it Gabi - just ask
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 07:42 PM

Thank you Patsy I will, I've been the hospital for physio on my shoulder but it's not getting any better. I use to see a woman osteopath who was brilliant, she got rid of trapped nerves and tendinitis in a few visits. She's retired now and I do miss her. Still I'm an old bird with a nice warm house, plenty of food plus grandkids to make me laugh......oh!!!!!! And I do like going to the pictures.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

19-11-2015, 07:45 PM

Thank you Patsy I will, I've been the hospital for physio on my shoulder but it's not getting any better. I use to see a woman osteopath who was brilliant, she got rid of trapped nerves and tendinitis in a few visits. She's retired now and I do miss her. Still I'm an old bird with a nice warm house, plenty of food plus grandkids to make me laugh......oh!!!!!! And I do like going to the pictures.
I get bad shoulder pain and it works, have you someone to do the pen for you, you won't manage otherwise
It works the same as painkillers in the sense the relief won't last, I use my pen often but its not inconvenient as you don't have to undress to use it
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 07:56 PM

Yes I've got my old man here...........I'll first have to drag him out of the garden?..........I've visions of one day finding he's turned into a garden gnome the amount of time he spends in it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

19-11-2015, 07:58 PM

Yes I've got my old man here...........I'll first have to drag him out the garden?..........I've visions of one day finding he's turned into a garden gnome the amount of time he spends in it.
Leave him be (Till the pen arrives )
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 09:01 PM

I have an old machine (from Boots) and the pads are getting sticky. I know you can buy replacement, but Tesco sell a machine for £30 I think.

I did find it useful for some pain.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 10:39 PM

I bought a tens machine from Amazon and it's fab! worked a treat on my lower back pain, in fact I only needed to use it a few times and the pain went!
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 11:57 PM

Two good articles here:

http://www.nursingtimes.net/explorin...95.fullarticle

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...in-relief.html

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top