Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2015, 04:37 AM

Re: Feeling down

Steve I feel for you can only send a hug .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2015, 10:52 AM

Steve I think you have a tendency to dwell too much on things, your job is not your life and you will not be there forever.
You have the prospects of you new house ahead of you, try to focus on that and the things which really matter to you rather than little incidents at work .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2015, 01:30 PM

That's a long time to be with people who don't communicate with you, if your boss can then so can they ! Rude I call it. We have communication problems occasionally at work with so many different accents and people not speaking English but at no point do people get left out we make sure every one is greeted and has a word or two at the least during the 2 hours we are all together. So no excuses for them not to speak to you in some way.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2015, 06:47 PM

Steve, I hope you are feeling a bit brighter today. I suppose at this busy time of the year, we are all a little bit under a strain. I sometimes think we have to think why people can be a bit offhand at times. Maybe, he is under a strain at home, his wife could be giving him grief or he is just generally stressed out!
Anyway, soon you will be in your new home and so busy, you won't want to talk to anyone either!!
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2015, 06:51 PM

So what do you say Steve ?.....you've not jumped into the canal have you ?
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2015, 07:25 PM

Feeling a bit less depressed today.

Sorry folks but I just needed to tell someone and not burden my wife with it.

Writing it all down was therapeutic - I just had to do that.

I will have to say something about this because there was an undertaking by my employer in July to help me and they have done nothing.

It's making me ill. stevmk2
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2015, 07:40 PM

Yet, Steve, I look at your profile pic and see a handsome man with a lovely smile and a wonderful head of hair! Then I read this thread and I feel a little bit bewildered!!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2015, 08:04 PM

Steve, I think the same way as Artangel, but I suspect you are too intelligent to just sit there looking handsome.
Have a word with the doc, who must have seen patients go through this before, and let him know how miserable you feel. I don't know what kind of work you do but, if you have a union, they may be able to help. If you cannot hear what your employer is saying, about how they will help, you need somebody to represent you who knows what they are doing.
If you get some time off work, you can talk to us lot anytime.
At the moment you are probably feeling that you are not the man you used to be, but you are! It may take a little time to adjust, but keep asking for any help you need till you get it!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

09-12-2015, 08:58 PM

Steve, I don't know much about it but would a 'Loop' system help you at work?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2015, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Steve, I don't know much about it but would a 'Loop' system help you at work?
Art ...the man is DEAF.....not hard of hearing, there is a world of difference.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top