Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2012, 12:41 AM

Re: Jobs to do in the garden

Although my big dahlias have buds still, the frost we had has got to them. We are going to cut them down but leave them in and give them a thick mulch. It seems to work for us.
My magnolia has been hanging onto it's leaves but had a big drop today.
I think I'll leave them for the moment, I'm sure the grass will need another cut soon so they'll get sucked up then
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2012, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Well done Barry it's a nice feeling isn't it when the garden is tidy and put to bed .
Yes Meg I love it when the garden is all tucked up for the winter. I don't grow anything over winter these days, that way it doesn't matter what the weather does, I can just look through the window with a smug smile and without a care...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2012, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Yes Meg I love it when the garden is all tucked up for the winter. I don't grow anything over winter these days, that way it doesn't matter what the weather does, I can just look through the window with a smug smile and without a care...
Me neither Barry I did grow leeks but when I needed them most they were stuck in the ground in the frost and snow. Purple sprouting got broken off with the weight of snow too so I don't bother now ..
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2012, 02:26 PM

A lovely sunny day, so we finished the tidy up. No more to do now.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2012, 08:13 PM

Our is now tidied up, lots of manure waiting to be dug in.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2012, 09:31 PM

Aren't we all organised
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2012, 12:00 AM

Yes and battening down for the winter
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

05-11-2012, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Yes and battening down for the winter
..we hope though if this early winter weather is anything to go by I am not too sure .
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2012, 05:07 PM

Got hubby out of shed tidying today, long enough to get one of three clematis that we bought, put in. It's called 'apple blossom' and it's an evergreen. It is going to grow through and cover a climbing hydrangea. Really looking forward to seeing it flower next year. Oh yes, it is scented.
I'm not finished tidying yet! I'm still pulling up old bedding, trouble is things like petunias and marigolds are still flowering, and I only work a couple of hours, 'cos me feet get cold I've ordered some fleece lined rubber ankle boots today, fingers crossed they will fit my swollen foot. (ordered two sizes bigger and will wear my thickest socks with them)
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2012, 07:13 PM

Clematis Apple Blossom is a lovely one Jan, we have one intertwined with a passion flower on our pergola. Our only major residual job in the garden now is sweeping and collecting up leaves, mainly silver birch and sycamore from our neighbour's trees. Lots more to come yet buthopefully we should be done by the end of November...

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top