Join for free
Page 4 of 70 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2014, 12:14 AM

Re: Gay marriage

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Still don't want to be unified.

That's right SF, you stay just as you are.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2014, 12:20 AM

What if I have no choice, and am swallowed up by the flow.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2014, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What if I have no choice, and am swallowed up by the flow.

Pray.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2014, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Even as a straight person I find sue_arnold's comment offensive!!! Shame on you!
I agree fully.
Sue is defining herself with that comment.
Gays are not perverts.

Hands up, who will be hurt or disadvantaged by gays being able to get married?
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2014, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Even as a straight person I find sue_arnold's comment offensive!!! Shame on you!
I totally agree .. it is uncalled for ...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2014, 08:24 AM

If homosexuals want to marry then - why not? It puts them on an equal footing with everyone else and gives them security. My only objection would be if their next step was to start demanding church weddings. Not all ministers/priests are comfortable with same sex weddings and I would not like to see anyone forced to compromise their personal beliefs. Homosexuals have fought long and hard for their rights - I just hope that they, in turn, respect the rights of an individual minister/priest to say 'no' and don't make an almighty rumpus about it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2014, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by david ->
I remember back in the late 50s when Australia had a huge influx of Poms.
Why not they came here for 10 Quid and to a far better Country and lifestyle.
Of course they were ribbed and the most common saying that emerged was they made Homo's legal back home and they escaped before they made it compulsory.
We in Australia are not there yet BUT they allowed a couple of them to be married in Canberra. Why not there all a load of P##FS in Canberra.
After they were married the Attorney General announced that the marriage was not legal.
We are still VERY mixed here in Australia about the whole thing.
Yes we have the biggest Mardi Gras in the world where you can go and watch them displaying themselves But to most Aussies in discussions they are widely referred as P@@@@@@S. Never Gay.
Are you Aboriginal then ?
2nd thoughts ... That's an insult to the Aboriginal folk
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2014, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
I agree fully.
Sue is defining herself with that comment.
Gays are not perverts.

Hands up, who will be hurt or disadvantaged by gays being able to get married?
Exactly the odd people who say it is down playing "real" marriage puzzle me because my marriage is the same as it was yesterday before any homosexuals got married, can't help feeling they must be pretty insecure if they worry someone else will harm their own marriage.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2014, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Couple of reasons come to mind one being pension rights as civil couples they don't have same rights as marrieds do so this puts that right. And why not why should two people who love each other be denied a marriage ?
Julie this was being discussed on the radio yesterday and I hadn't realised how many legal matters are affected by marriage.
We are going to our first gay marriage later this year and it's going to be in our church so really looking forward to that, very proud of the Quaker church for embracing this and hope other churches will in time see how people are just people and who they love doesn't really matter if they are same sex or opposites.
The Quakers are to be applauded for their sensible approach but then that is to be expected of them isn't it.
Of all the religious groups they are among those I admire.

My best friend when I was little was a boy called J, I had never heard of 'gay' people then. J was always different from other boys , kinder and more gentle than many of his peers. His father a tough man who had been in the scots guards made his life a misery when he was growing up .
He was also bullied mercilessly at school.

J died in his early 50s. His partner of many years continued to visit J's mother every week without fail although he lived some distance away and did so until she died many years after her son.
It would be difficult to find a nicer couple than J and his partner and I would like to think they and others like them would be treated the same as every other person straight or gay and that includes being allowed to 'marry' should they so choose .

Julie I hope your friends have a lovely wedding and will be very happy
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2014, 10:38 AM

Thank you meg, they will I a sure as they have waited many years for this chance. Been together as long as my husband and I, 30 years so I can't see them not living happily in marriage as they did before. Might even make them happier as they want their God to bless their union just as he does anyone else's.

Page 4 of 70 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top