Join for free
Page 10 of 18 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 08:58 PM

Re: Why young people were persuaded to voted for Corbyn

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
People want something for nothing, Corbyn promised it.
Of course they do, everyone wants easy money and the media and much of the education system has been geared up to make it seem possible. Schools don't or can't instill discipline so every generation just expects more and more from someone else.

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Shameful bribe by Labour and the young fell for it hook, line and sinker. Now the young are angry. They were played, supped, conned.
It will get worse, bribes will be bigger and cost of benefits of all sorts will skyrocket. How can it not when the population is multiplying so fast.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 11:44 PM

I promised myself I wouldn't post on this thread...

But it is so insulting to the young people who voted
I felt the need to say that at least
M.P.R. Ashford
Kent
M.P.R. Ashford is male 

15-06-2017, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
Forgetting several financial crisis worldwide ? Pretty sure Brown had no hand in most of the worlds troubles.

The FULL EMPLOYMENT you speak about is a farce.
How many people are receiving working benefits because they don't earn enough ? Far too many thats how many HERE

I wonder how much could be saved with a government sponsored Living wage ?
All that admin........plenty I suspect......if only it was ideologically possible.
"Forgetting several financial crisis worldwide ? Pretty sure Brown had no hand in most of the worlds troubles".
We are not talking about the World crisis 2008 'crash' and the build up to it. Why was our crisis the worst in the entire G7.
I remember Mr Brown repeatedly saying " I will only do this or that when it's prudent to do so", but he still bankrupted the nation BEFORE the 2008 'crash' which is why our debt was the highest in the G7.
Why are we ALWAYS bankrupt when Labour leave power? Because Labour are a bunch of control freaks who never learn the lesson, you can't Tax and Spend it just leads to debt. To cap it all they want to do it all over again by borrowing another £49bn.
The FULL EMPLOYMENT you speak about is a farce.
How many people are receiving working benefits because they don't earn enough.
Too many; but its better to have a job than it is to sit at home. That situation won't improve until the debt left by Labour has been cleared up. One alternative is to 'up skill' and get a better job, I did it several times when I was young.

I wonder how much could be saved with a government sponsored Living wage ?
All that admin........plenty I suspect......if only it was ideologically possible
Well it isn't possible; full stop.
No no no will you never learn, Keep Government out of almost everything they can only make a bigger mess and cost more money.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->

Not insulting. Just pointing out that young people are generally not as worldly wise as are old people.

Such, has it always been.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Not insulting. Just pointing out that young people are generally not as worldly wise as are old people.

Such, has it always been.
Which has just reinforced the point I was making
Thank you
M.P.R. Ashford
Kent
M.P.R. Ashford is male 

15-06-2017, 12:19 AM

It's not an insult; they just have to grow up. There's no such thing as something for nothing. If Mr Corbyn did get into power taxes would have to go up in an attempt to make his crazy plans work. The younger generation would be paying for it and the next generation too.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 12:20 AM

Thank you
Experience increases with age. Surely, you can't deny that, Rhian?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

15-06-2017, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by M.P.R. Ashford ->
It's not an insult; they just have to grow up. There's no such thing as something for nothing. If Mr Corbyn did get into power taxes would have to go up in an attempt to make his crazy plans work. The younger generation would be paying for it and the next generation too.
Again you are making assumptions as to why the younger Voters voted Labour
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

15-06-2017, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Experience increases with age. Surely, you can't deny that, Rhian?
Experience of what?
M.P.R. Ashford
Kent
M.P.R. Ashford is male 

15-06-2017, 12:26 AM

Thank you
No it doesn't make your point, they just have to think a bit and in so doing; grow up to reality. There's no such thing as 'something for nothing' everything has a cost and when the bill comes in someone has to pay it, in this case it will be them!!

Page 10 of 18 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top