Join for free
Page 525 of 1676 « First < 25 425 475 515 523 524 525 526 527 535 575 625 1025 1525 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 09:18 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I think I may have shingles. Shall we go together?
I do hope it's not shingles, it's tiresome. I still am suffering aftereffects from a bout started before Christmas
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 09:23 AM

No Shingles here, Pantiles are the order of the day
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=979NuYD4itU

This was my mentor.
More like a de-mentor.

No Shingles here, Pantiles are the order of the day
I'm a fan of Double Roman myself. Contrary to popular belief, they actually originated in Greece, invented by a chap called Rufus Coveredupulous.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 02:50 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=979NuYD4itU

This was my mentor.
ah that explains.......................................... .................[please insert whatever comes to mind!]
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I do hope it's not shingles, it's tiresome. I still am suffering aftereffects from a bout started before Christmas
It's an allergy from the food poisoning.
Gawd what next????

Hello Possums
I hope everyone is well.
Back later with some nonsense.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 04:06 PM

My sympathies for all the sick scribblers, I’d sing you all a song to cheer you up but it’s a bit late for ‘Shingle Bells’
Well at least Spring is here and lets hope all your physical ailments disappear, as for your mental ailments, well I have something in mind.
I was thinking of getting in a new nurse to dole out the meds in this thread, this lady has applied for the job, I’m from Ballyfermot so I know naughting about her, she could do with a smile though, what say you lot?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
My sympathies for all the sick scribblers, I’d sing you all a song to cheer you up but it’s a bit late for ‘Shingle Bells’
Well at least Spring is here and lets hope all your physical ailments disappear, as for your mental ailments, well I have something in mind.
I was thinking of getting in a new nurse to dole out the meds in this thread, this lady has applied for the job, I’m from Ballyfermot so I know naughting about her, she could do with a smile though, what say you lot?
nasty piece of work if you ask me boyo - frigid virgin I would say - use to know a good poem about frigid virgins - must get me exercise book out and see if I can find it - or I could write another one??
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

03-03-2018, 10:27 PM

shingles again! - I have suffered them twice in my life so far!

once 30 yrs ago which put me off work for a month or two and on high dosage codeine with opium in it - the rash was across my chest - they say if it crosses the eyes you go blind?

it is caused by the measles virus sitting dormant in the body for years sometimes and then waking up with a big painful yarn.

my second attack was with no rash at all and fooled the doctor who diagnosed me as heart attack and that put me in hospital for 5 days doin nothin. it had attacked the intercostal muscles of the ribs mostly on the left so how could it have been heart attack? but again high dosage codeine boxes and boxes of them and they didn't cut out all the pain. NO NO I don't want that again.

I once knew a virgin from Maine
she could be an awfully pain
when I got hot and heated
with her bag she me beated
and I never could walk quite the same??

sorry but I'm not getting paid you know!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 10:28 PM

A story for you all
I left the funeral and headed straight to Gatwick, we stayed nearby, as we had an early flight the next morning.
I was still upset, so didn't sleep at the hotel much.
I did sleep a little on the 4-hour flight.
I was remembering what my BIL told me, just before he passed away. It will only happen once in a blue moon.
Well, he was too ill to know, that it was a blue moon that night. He also told me that he would always watch over me.
On arrival at our accommodation, which was a two-bed bungalow, with a large patio, I sat outside for a smoke and a cuppa. I was alone, as the others were looking around the complex. This dove appeared from nowhere and sat on my foot. That dove was there every day, only when I was alone! I threw some bread out for it, but no, it sat on the table just staring at me. I told hubby it was BIL come to see me. Funny as I kind of think it was.
Yeah OK, you will think I am crazy.
But this IS a true story.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
nasty piece of work if you ask me boyo - frigid virgin I would say - use to know a good poem about frigid virgins - must get me exercise book out and see if I can find it - or I could write another one??
She has a face like a plateful of mortal sins, as old father Kavanagh used to say.

No better man than yerself to chisel out another poem Gummy.

I nearly murdered the dog last night, I let him out for a pee, God love him he was holding it in as long as he could, didn’t want to go out in the cold, anyway I forgot to let him back in again, I only noticed him buried in snow this morning when I went out to take this snap of the old rustics wall.

Only kiddin, that's the face of a ceramic dog we put there last year, I only noticed it when I put the snap up on the big screen.

Page 525 of 1676 « First < 25 425 475 515 523 524 525 526 527 535 575 625 1025 1525 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top