Join for free
Page 16 of 17 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2017, 08:46 PM

Re: Theresa May suffers humiliation in Commons

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
And while I was a member ? Still no idea what he is up to. No one on their right mind votes for policies they have no idea about.
Brexit policies? There were none.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2017, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
The issue is that May has not even had a discussion in Cabinet and an agreed way forward as to what variety of Brexit we want.
Brexit comes in several varieties?

When we voted in the referendum, we had but two options: remaining in the EU or leaving the EU. I voted for the latter.

I saw no options for us to leave nominally but to remain under the aegis of the ECJ. Neither did I see an option for us to leave nominally and continue to allow unlimited immigration from all other EU countries.

It's funny how our politicians seem to have interpreted the 'leave' option to embrace several other options that we didn't even know about.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2017, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Corbyn's problem is that he doesn't know what his stance is, his puppetmasters in Momentum and the unions haven't told him yet...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2017, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

When we voted in the referendum, we had but two options: remaining in the EU or leaving the EU. I voted for the latter.

I saw no options for us to leave nominally but to remain under the aegis of the ECJ. Neither did I see an option for us to leave nominally and continue to allow unlimited immigration from all other EU countries.

It's funny how our politicians seem to have interpreted the 'leave' option to embrace several other options that we didn't even know about.
Exactly ! I was given to understand by various MPs that we could simply recind one law and that would be it we would be out and under wto rules.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-12-2017, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Exactly ! I was given to understand by various MPs that we could simply recind one law and that would be it we would be out and under wto rules.
We're not alone, Julia. Fortunately, there are over 17 million of us!
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2017, 09:28 PM

Same here, and the government sent us all a leaflet to tell us what we were voting for. This was pointed out in no uncertain terms by the audience on Question Time from Barnsley on 15/12/17

I haven't watched every news broadcast since then, but on those I have, I think I've seen a slightly more aggressive or pro - Brexit stance towards the Remainers, including MPs, both Labour & Conservative parties

Last opinion poll I heard (Yougov I think) is that only 15% of people now wish to remain in the EU
BBC, Sky, and most of the the rest of the media were notoriously pro Remain, but I wonder if the message is slowly sinking in, that the majority of the electorate are fed up with the antics of the Remainers, and, if only cynically, they'd better look to the future of their jobs & positions
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-12-2017, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Same here, and the government sent us all a leaflet to tell us what we were voting for. This was pointed out in no uncertain terms by the audience on Question Time from Barnsley on 15/12/17

I haven't watched every news broadcast since then, but on those I have, I think I've seen a slightly more aggressive or pro - Brexit stance towards the Remainers, including MPs, both Labour & Conservative parties

Last opinion poll I heard (Yougov I think) is that only 15% of people now wish to remain in the EU
BBC, Sky, and most of the the rest of the media were notoriously pro Remain, but I wonder if the message is slowly sinking in, that the majority of the electorate are fed up with the antics of the Remainers, and, if only cynically, they'd better look to the future of their jobs & positions
I completely agree.

I didn't see the Barnsley Question Time. I never watch it these days because it is so left-wing biased. I wish I'd seen it now, having heard all about it.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2017, 10:23 PM

I completely agree.

I didn't see the Barnsley Question Time. I never watch it these days because it is so left-wing biased. I wish I'd seen it now, having heard all about it.
Allow me.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-12-2017, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Allow me.

"An error occurred". I'm afraid I can't see it, but thanks anyway.

Perhaps I can watch it on iPlayer.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2017, 10:35 PM

Edited for you JBR

Page 16 of 17 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top