Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 07:34 PM

Re: Why do people ...

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Each to their own, but I would never have a TV in my house.
Of course. You'd have to pay for a TV licence!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Each to their own, but I would never have a TV in my house.
Neither do I.

Originally Posted by oldfool ->
I experience this - that's why when I do go do the matinees in the day and so less people in.
It was a matinee, OF, and the dress circle was packed. If it hadn't been I would have moved seats.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Neither do I.

It was a matinee, OF, and the dress circle was packed. If it hadn't been I would have moved seats.

Try the Ballet or Opera darlin' - you get a better class of audience there
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 08:03 AM

I think the TV is possibly greatest invention ever.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 08:23 AM

Some people seem have their TV on all their waking hours, I just don't understand that. I have a relative by marriage who appears never to switch theirs off until bedtime. It was most irritating when we visited them, as the noise of the TV was always in the background, even though no one was actually watching it.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Some people seem have their TV on all their waking hours, I just don't understand that. I have a relative by marriage who appears never to switch theirs off until bedtime. It was most irritating when we visited them, as the noise of the TV was always in the background, even though no one was actually watching it.
Tara, my late sister, who lived alone, used to put her TV on to break the silence in the house. It was her house and she would always be happy to reduce the volume if a visitor mentioned that it was a bit loud.
You many not like how some people live their lives, but if you visit them in their own homes I am afraid you have to put up with it, or find a diplomatic way of asking them to make small changes.
If they can't do as they please in their own home we need to ask ourselves " Is it us that are being intolerant?"
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Tara, my late sister, who lived alone, used to put her TV on to break the silence in the house. It was her house and she would always be happy to reduce the volume if a visitor mentioned that it was a bit loud.
You many not like how some people live their lives, but if you visit them in their own homes I am afraid you have to put up with it, or find a diplomatic way of asking them to make small changes.
If they can't do as they please in their own home we need to ask ourselves " Is it us that are being intolerant?"
Well we don't visit them anymore so there is no problem.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 08:53 AM

Well we don't visit them anymore so there is no problem.
They probably turn it off now.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

23-04-2018, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
They probably turn it off now.
No they don't, I phone her every Tuesday, she always has to turn in down so she can hear what I am saying.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 08:57 AM

No they don't, I phone her every Tuesday, she always has to turn in down so she can hear what I am saying.
Ah. Caller ID.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top