Join for free
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 07:30 PM

Re: Why did you have children?

Ah well we reaped the riches, so really we got the good deal, my niece lives close to us and we help out with her youngster, and my nephews are great young men who come home as often as they can. So lovely all of them, and we are just so lucky to have them.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 07:34 PM

Thats good to hear - only what you deserve for being such a good
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I was hoping to replicate my lovely husband and I think I managed it
He must have been a good man, Meg. I'm lucky too, and I have a lovely man for a son too.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 08:11 PM

My children are the best thing I have achieved in my life. Thet have all turned out good adults and they show nothing but love and respect for me and Sheila.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 08:38 PM

Thats smashing Alan - so good to hear - I can well understand your joy...
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 09:35 PM

I never wanted children and didn't have any and it was the best decision I ever made when I look around me. Even when they grow up and leave home you are expected to be an unpaid babysitter. My dogs are soo much nicer than kids.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 10:04 PM

We got married because we were in love, and from love comes children, and yes we would do it all again, even though we have been together for 54 years.
Replicate my son, I think so make up your own mind.
Fifty days after this picture of my sons wedding, my new daughter in law was dead from an illness.

And this is a picture of my lovely wife and two daughters larking about at my 72 bithday party.

Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 10:17 PM

I didn't think I was maternal at all until I had my first child and then I was surprised at how I felt. I am sure I could have had a fulfilled life without them though and don't know if I would have had regrets longer term if we had had no children. I really couldn't make my mind up definitely one way or the other and my daughter wasn't really planned, but we didn't do anything to avoid having a child once we were settled and financially secure. I was ambivalent about the whole issue and we had gone on happily for about five years without. At the period in our lives we thought - if it happens it happens and that's fine and if it doesn't that's fine as well. No great urge to have a child at all on my part and I didn't appreciate what having a baby would be like or realise how it would change our lives. How can anyone know what they are in for? Was that naive and irresponsible? I am not sure. Our second child was planned and our son is about five years older than my daughter. I stumbled through the whole parenting process and now I am stumbling through the grandparenting process. We cannot always choose exactly what we want to happen or how and when. On balance, I think we have been lucky, blessed or whatever, and had our share of good fortune, but I might have thought that we were fortunate if we didn't have any.

Edited to add:

Lovely photos and great family Wrinkley.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 10:40 PM

If you didn't have children, how could you experience the joy of grandchildren?

mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 10:48 PM

I lost our first child, who was planned. We were devastated by our loss. We were the blessed by more. When they reached their teen years I wondered why we had bothered They have come full circle and they are all lovely human beings.
Parenthood is not for everyone but it certainly is for us.

Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top