Join for free
Page 11 of 13 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 >
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 05:19 PM

Re: The UK should pay closer attention

Why not practice what you preach then and shut up gloating?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I am sick and tired if the leavers telling us they have made the right decision when in truth they don't have a clue.
You've just condemned millions of people as clueless.
And this is exactly the kind of sour grapes attitude denigrating Brexiters for their choice that has caused so much angst since June.
I wish everyone would just accept that voters exercised their right to vote and abide by the result instead of sounding like a petulant sulky kid still in nappies.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 05:34 PM

Why not practice what you preach then and shut up gloating?
Not sure who that was aimed at, but I will choose to ignore it anyway.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 05:36 PM

I can think of one New Year Resolution already
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You've just condemned millions of people as clueless.
And this is exactly the kind of sour grapes attitude denigrating Brexiters for their choice that has caused so much angst since June.
I wish everyone would just accept that voters exercised their right to vote and abide by the result instead of sounding like a petulant sulky kid still in nappies.
Hi

I agree, I would not have been happy if we had voted to stay in the EU in it's current form, but I would have accepted the result and got on with life.

That is what Democracy is all about.

I would not be happy if we had either Corbyn or Boris in charge, but again I would accept it if that is what happens.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 05:50 PM

No you bloody well would not, so why pretend you would?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 06:03 PM

Hi

That is the difference, a democracy is what it says, the will of the people.

We can always vote them out next time round.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

26-12-2016, 06:22 PM

Gee Purwell ... put the cooking sherry away you're sounding peed off and crapulous. Go attack a brandy Christmas pud instead.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Gee Purwell ... put the cooking sherry away you're sounding peed off and crapulous. Go attack a brandy Christmas pud instead.
But surely Brandy would make him even more crapulous.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
To be fair JBR, I am sure that we are all tired of the remainiacs telling us we have made the wrong decision, but the best way to deal with that is to totally ignore them. We have all made the decision we feel was right and nothing is going to change the referendum result, so why argue about it? If the remain people notice that they are getting us to respond to their comments, they will think they are winning a battle.
I am convinced that I made the right decision and nothing they say will change that belief. If the rest of the leave voters feel the same, then I suggest that you completely ignore all the opposing opinions, by completely ignoring their posts. They will have nobody to argue with if we all do that, and that is all they can do, argue, because nothing any of us say will now change the course of events!
I take your point, Twinky. I don't think debating the matter with the remainiacs will make them change their opinions. Likewise, remainiacs trying to convince us that we were wrong to want to leave the EU will not change our opinions either.

What worries me are the remainiacs who continue to insist that we leave the EU under a 'soft Brexit', in other words to leave but at the same time to agree to continue with a free-trade and free movement agreement, which is basically the same as remaining as we are now!

They think that in trying to persuade the powers-that-be that a 'soft Brexit' is the way to go they are quite likely to succeed.

We must continue to insist that we want to leave the EU without any strings attached. If we just sit back an ignore them it may, I feel, encourage them that we are beginning to accept their 'soft Brexit' proposals.

Page 11 of 13 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top