Join for free
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 10:27 PM

Re: The UK should pay closer attention

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Out with the washing more like.

Why is it good drying weather?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
London School of Economics assistant professor Sara Hagemann said the prospect of Brexit has "united the EU27 to a degree rarely seen before".
Sara Hagemann appears to be a woman with a chip on her shoulder, so I can't take your article too seriously TBH.

"LSE assistant professor Sara Hagemann says she has been rejected for advisory work on Brexit as a non-UK citizen"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...reign-academi/

"The row erupted after Sara Hagemann, a Danish assistant professor at LSE's Europe Institute said she has been told she can no longer carry out work because she is not a British national.

Ms Hagemann tweeted: "UK govt previously sought work & advice from best experts. Just told I and many colleagues no longer qualify as ... UK citizens."
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 11:04 PM

Ah a chip I suspect.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 11:08 PM

I know it's the Daily Express but I found this interesting and funny, especially yeh puece about our Nigel, having the charisma of a damp rag

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...n=Brexit_email
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
At the end of the day Flicker the United States of Europe will still have to trade with the UK. We are one of their biggest customers. It is not in their interests to make things too difficult.
UK export to the EU is worth about 13% of your GDP.

EU export to the UK is worth about 3% of the EU GDP to the EU.

You will lose 13%. They will lose 3%. I doubt they will miss it since they have just signed a big trade del with Canada.

By now most people even Beleavers, don't believe your old chestnut anymore.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Sara Hagemann appears to be a woman with a chip on her shoulder, so I can't take your article too seriously TBH.

"LSE assistant professor Sara Hagemann says she has been rejected for advisory work on Brexit as a non-UK citizen"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...reign-academi/

"The row erupted after Sara Hagemann, a Danish assistant professor at LSE's Europe Institute said she has been told she can no longer carry out work because she is not a British national.

Ms Hagemann tweeted: "UK govt previously sought work & advice from best experts. Just told I and many colleagues no longer qualify as ... UK citizens."
Frankly I think this is appalling.

It is actually illegal to discriminate according to nationality.

However she presents facts. Do you want to dispute the facts and not her personal situation?

Can you dispute that the EU is coming closer as it starts to design its negotiation strategy?

Do so at your peril. The EU will retain its dignity but won't allow the UK to breach its common purpose.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 11:24 AM

UK export to the EU is worth about 13% of your GDP.

EU export to the UK is worth about 3% of the EU GDP to the EU.

You will lose 13%. They will lose 3%. I doubt they will miss it since they have just signed a big trade del with Canada.

By now most people even Beleavers, don't believe your old chestnut anymore.
France and Germany are the main players in the EU. Look at the export figures from these two. The UK is their third largest market. The United States being their first.
http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/deu/
http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/fra/
Interestingly the UK doesn't appear in their top imports list. Same goes for Italy.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 11:24 AM

I hope everybody is using their crystal balls to see into the future They will work as well as the experts, because there are no experts as this has never happened before!
It is a bit like the stock market, based on people's beliefs of what will happen after some event. Sadly they are not always right and, if they were, nobody would lose money in stocks and shares.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 11:32 AM

Can you dispute that the EU is coming closer as it starts to design its negotiation strategy?
That depends on to whom you listen, I understand the EU is rapidly falling apart.

I see the UK as the leader in common sense, once we have left others will follow (if indeed there is anything to leave by then) and the whole corrupt club will disintegrate.

I think that is why people like you are so concerned, what other reason can you have for asking how we will live once we leave the EU , I don't get the impression it is down to 'friendly concern'
Flicker
France

24-12-2016, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
France and Germany are the main players in the EU. Look at the export figures from these two. The UK is their third largest market. The United States being their first.
http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/deu/
http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/fra/
Interestingly the UK doesn't appear in their top imports list. Same goes for Italy.
Germany and France will find other markets if they have to. They already have Canada to explore.
Canada will have less need to trade with th UK since it will have 27 other countries to find what they want and to sell to, creating a more sympathetic relationship.
To sell to half a billion with no need to follow different regulations is far more interesting than to sell to 65 million where you do.

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top