Join for free
Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 05:02 PM

Re: It's Been Puzzling Me????

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
Having read through this thread, it strikes me as just another attempt at slagging off those of us who voted to remain.

I hold true to my opinions and will continue to do so.
Of course it is, just the usual Brexiteers attempt to claim the moral highground and try to bludgeon everyone into supporting their disastrous decision and horrible attitudes. Also, they want to avoid personal responsibility for the disaster to come by getting us to co-operate with it.

The point about elections is that you don't like the Government you get, you get a chance to put things right at the next election. The Brexiteers are dragging 42 million of us out of the EU against our will with no hope of reprieve.

I believe by doing so you will condemn our country to poverty and austerity, reducing the quality of life nad opportunities for me and my family, betraying an alliance with our friends and closest neighbours and throw away our chance to have more influence in the world, as part of a bigger alliane, on security, green issues, human rights and world peace. And are also perpetuating xenophobic, racist, anti intellectual attitudes and putting at risk hard won workers rights, like paid holidays, sick and maternity pay etc.

Why, believing all that, would I ever stop fighting it? You don't give up fighting something that you think will do dreadful harm to your country and family just because a small majority voted for it.

I hold each Brexiteer personally resonsible for the disasters to come and will never stop blaming each of them for the way they voted or accept it the outcome. It's important to draw a dividing line between Brexiters and Remainers and make it quite clear that what's to come is down to the Brexiters alone and fight their destructive attitudes all the way.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 05:09 PM

*Big sigh* ... that was rousing stuff
and never let it occur to one single Remainer that they're kicking the teeth of their own country whilst they do it ..
Less patriotic and decidedly more personally miffed in my view.
Get over it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 05:14 PM

I really do believe some won't be happy until we fail, just to prove themselves correct. Any previous century they would be traitors. But that will be called slagging off I'm sure.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 05:17 PM

A few hundred years ago it would have started a Civil War. We'd all be loading our muskets.

Unbelievable to see that as time moved on some can't accept the result of a democratic Referendum.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 05:17 PM

Who the hell do you think you're calling a traitor? It's you Brexiters who have betrayed our country and children into an impoverished future.

Brexit will fail, whatever I wish, you can't polish a turd. I hope the next generation can get on quickly with undoing the damage you've done.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

01-01-2018, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Who the hell do you think you're calling a traitor? It's you Brexiters who have betrayed our country and children into an impoverished future.

Brexit will fail, whatever I wish, you can't polish a turd. I hope the next generation can get on quickly with undoing the damage you've done.
Erm .. if that was directed at me I didn't call you a traitor.
Less patriotic yes ... which is evident by some Remainers attitude in celebrating every setback the country is suffering during these negotiations.
I personally, just want my country to prosper.

You do sound very very angry if I may be so bold as to say so.
twizzle
somerset

01-01-2018, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
*Big sigh* ... that was rousing stuff
and never let it occur to one single Remainer that they're kicking the teeth of their own country whilst they do it ..
Less patriotic and decidedly more personally miffed in my view.
Get over it.
No, it is the Brexiters who kicked our country in the teeth by their vote and the harm it will do our country. It would only be unpatriotic to let them get away with it without fighting back. Hopefully, they'll die off quickly and the real patriots will be able to get on with undoing the damage.

Get over it? Why would anyone want to "get over" someone deliberately harming them, their family and their country.

Never "get over it", remember who is to blame and concentrate on undoing it.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

01-01-2018, 05:26 PM

I'm almost reluctant to ask ..
What is your understanding of the meaning of a democratic vote?
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
N remember who is to blame and concentrate on undoing it.
But you're NOT undoing it! You're making your own gloomy forecast for future come true!

If you haven't got anything constructive to add to the democratic process were going through now.......then stand aside and let those who want the best for Britain do their best!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 05:34 PM

Hi

The success or failure of Brexit will depend on our Politicians.

At the present time they are very divided, not only between Leavers and Remainers, but also the Leavers are arguing amongst themselves and seem more interested in their own political advancement than the nitty gritty stuff.

Corbyn has accepted the leave vote, so there is no chance of a second referendum.

We have to make a success of leaving, so best just get on with it, a divided nation just gives the advantage to those we are negotiating with.

Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top