Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 09:03 AM

Trade Wars

Hi

Times are changing.

Trump has gone for protectionism, he is slapping a 25% Tariff on imported steel and 10% on imported aluminium.

Other Countries are retaliating, putting Tariffs on US Goods,Levis,Bourbon,Harleys are the things the EU are talking about.

Trump is renegotiating the USA Trade Agreements.

What is concerning to the UK is the USA have not offered us the same landing slots for our Airlines under the Open Skies Agreement.

They have said we cannot just substitute the UK for the EU in that agreement, so this gives them a commercial advantage,US Airlines would take those slots currently used by British Airways and Virgin.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/573392...-leave-europe/

This is not good news.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 09:33 AM

Re: Trade Wars

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Times are changing.

Trump has gone for protectionism, he is slapping a 25% Tariff on imported steel and 10% on imported aluminium.

Other Countries are retaliating, putting Tariffs on US Goods,Levis,Bourbon,Harleys are the things the EU are talking about.

Trump is renegotiating the USA Trade Agreements.

What is concerning to the UK is the USA have not offered us the same landing slots for our Airlines under the Open Skies Agreement.

They have said we cannot just substitute the UK for the EU in that agreement, so this gives them a commercial advantage,US Airlines would take those slots currently used by British Airways and Virgin.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/573392...-leave-europe/

This is not good news.

Whether it will happen is debatable. What that idiot says and what actually happens are often two different things. He claimed during the election campaign he would build the wall across the Mexican border as soon as he was in office. I don't think the first brick has been laid yet!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Whether it will happen is debatable. What that idiot says and what actually happens are often two different things. He claimed during the election campaign he would build the wall across the Mexican border as soon as he was in office. I don't think the first brick has been laid yet!
Hi

Trump has vowed to protect US Industries.

The USA has already made a number of complaints to the WTO.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Modern power lies more with those who make promises, and then show some sort of effort in making good those promises, rather than the old political way of not bothering much.

I think Trump is achieving much more than we're giving him credit for.

His pressure on North Korea seems to have worked,his tax cutting seems to be working, etc etc.

If he is an "idiot" I don't know where that places our lot!

I'm putting a few quid on him getting re-elected.

tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Modern power lies more with those who make promises, and then show some sort of effort in making good those promises, rather than the old political way of not bothering much.

I think Trump is achieving much more than we're giving him credit for.

His pressure on North Korea seems to have worked,his tax cutting seems to be working, etc etc.

If he is an "idiot" I don't know where that places our lot!

I'm putting a few quid on him getting re-elected.

Our politicians wouldn't have been in power for five minutes if they behaved in the way that crazy man across the pond behaves!
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 12:27 PM

I see it as an excuse to tear up NAFTA

If this goes through it will badly hurt the city I live in as the manufacturing is auto for the most part. Already the union brass are getting ready for war and thumping their chests.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

06-03-2018, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
I see it as an excuse to tear up NAFTA

If this goes through it will badly hurt the city I live in as the manufacturing is auto for the most part. Already the union brass are getting ready for war and thumping their chests.
Hi

Exactly,Trump is after re negotiating all the US Trade Deals and Agreements.

The USA is not the only Country doing this.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top