Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
David1962
New Member!
United Kingdom
David1962 is male 

30-03-2018, 04:56 AM

Re: Pub Rock

No just messin.bet they sound better than they look.i'll check them out on youtube.k
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 06:54 PM

Going to see this local band tonight:

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Going to see this local band tonight:
Well they never turned up citing illness or some other excuse. Had to make do a sixties band called High 5 playing tedious stuff like Ricky nelson and Billy Fury that you'd only hear at Butlins on a wet Wednesday morning! Bored out my tree
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 03:12 PM

Well they never turned up citing illness or some other excuse. Had to make do a sixties band called High 5 playing tedious stuff like Ricky nelson and Billy Fury that you'd only hear at Butlins on a wet Wednesday morning! Bored out my tree
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

01-04-2018, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Oh it was. Unbelievably dire mate At least we were in good company with a friend's birthday so we just had a good few beers instead.
Had enough this week now, need seriously to dry out for the next three weeks!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 03:18 PM

Oh it was. Unbelievably dire mate At least we were in good company with a friend's birthday so we just had a good few beers instead.
I always go a bit mad in the holidays too Floydy
We are only here once
Enjoy the ride
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 03:19 PM

I hope you didn't buy their cassette before leaving for home.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

01-04-2018, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I always go a bit mad in the holidays too Floydy
We are only here once
Enjoy the ride
Thanks Rhian. It's just that I'm not used to drinking so much anymore working nights during the week. Thing is, it's going to be a drag getting back to work and not meeting up with my buddies for my regular Saturday afternoon out at the weekend next week. I do look forward to that 'chillax' thing to wind down. Anyway, I'll stick to my guns and ride it out I guess (I've still got some bottles in the fridge)

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I hope you didn't buy their cassette before leaving for home.
That would be about right mate, they were definitely stuck in a time warp. My wife enjoyed it though and was dancing with the other wives, so I was quite happy nattering to my mates.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

07-04-2018, 08:21 PM

Well I was about to stay in and put some more albums onto my big thread, but I've just driven past my local pub at the top of the road and noticed they have a Queen cover band on tonight called Innuendo. So I'm popping out for a couple of hours.
Let you know tomorrow what they were like
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

07-04-2018, 11:09 PM

^ Forget it. They were bloody AWFUL....and they didnt even play Queen until later on - with a female singer!!!
Terrible. Left the pub, went to another. That was dead. Went home. Had a bottle. Watching crap on telly. Bored.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top