Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 01:12 PM

Re: Should we Limit or Stop Having Children.

Many of the European countries supposedly need the birth rate to rise for the future work force due to the aging populations.
So I am completely confused now.... or maybe not ! Migration to even the numbers out ?

As in all things, nature eventually has a way of dealing with problems . I doubt we need to worry, like it or not, everything will be taken care of.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 01:16 PM

I think we should reduce the number of children we have & contraceptives are readily available. ( and please don't tell me that they often fail because, if all those who say they were on the pill were honest, less children would be created Pill manufacturers would go out of business it their pills failed as often as people say>)

We give benefits to people who have children, but surely they shouldn't have them if they can't afford to provide for them.
Many immigrants come to live here and have big families. They get benefits, but did they in their own countries? If the country keeps providing for all the kids, whose parents can't feed and clothe them, they will keep having more children.

People should only have children if they can provide for them. and if they can't they should be restricted to 2 .
David Attenborough is right in saying we should have less children, because eventually there will not be enough food to keep the larger population alive!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by twink55 ->
i think we should reduce the number of children we have & contraceptives are readily available. ( and please don't tell me that they often fail because, if all those who say they were on the pill were honest, less children would be created Pill manufacturers would go out of business it their pills failed as often as people say>)

we give benefits to people who have children, but surely they shouldn't have them if they can't afford to provide for them.
Many immigrants come to live here and have big families. They get benefits, but did they in their own countries? If the country keeps providing for all the kids, whose parents can't feed and clothe them, they will keep having more children.

People should only have children if they can provide for them. And if they can't they should be restricted to 2 .
David attenborough is right in saying we should have less children, because eventually there will not be enough food to keep the larger population alive!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by poohdog ->
An ad for water aid says their aim is to end the water problems in Africa by 2030

I'm amazed they dare say this with the population explosion as it is...total speculation and day dreams.
It keeps the charity and its employees in work till at least 2030 with a guaranteed income till at least that date from the mugs that give their money away to them
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 01:36 PM

So how do we implement a population reduction?
Something similar to the China’s One Child Policy?
or how about only those couples with an IQ slightly larger than their trainer size will be allowed to breed?
Or how about only the rich will be allowed to have more than one child?
It’s all a can of worms
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think we should reduce the number of children we have & contraceptives are readily available. ( and please don't tell me that they often fail because, if all those who say they were on the pill were honest, less children would be created Pill manufacturers would go out of business it their pills failed as often as people say>)

We give benefits to people who have children, but surely they shouldn't have them if they can't afford to provide for them.

People should only have children if they can provide for them. and if they can't they should be restricted to 2 .
David Attenborough is right in saying we should have less children, because eventually there will not be enough food to keep the larger population alive!
Your reasoning is right in a way, but I do not see how it would benefit anyone. However, many different cultures do not allow contraception. Therefore the UK for example would ,over time, result from predominately ethnic races , which would in fact no longer be the minority but the majority, and we would become the minority community of UK.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
So how do we implement a population reduction?
Something similar to the China’s One Child Policy?
or how about only those couples with an IQ slightly larger than their trainer size will be allowed to breed?
Or how about only the rich will be allowed to have more than one child?
It’s all a can of worms

Yes Rehab, I remember seeing pictures of new-born babies dumped in the street's litter bins in China, because people were afraid to be seen with another child. I saw others dropped into gutters and left to die.

I wonder if the one-child policy ever happened here, whether that would apply to Royalty too, because the descendents to the throne would soon be compromised.

I do agree with the post about we will not have enough food though. More and more farm land is being taken for building more houses on, so where will our food be grown eventually?
I think one day in the distant future we will all have to live on dry food like our dogs and like the astronauts use because little fresh food will be seen any more.

I have decided I won't have any more children now though, got to do my bit for the world.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 01:52 PM

I don't think the UK is the problem - it's other countries who cannot feed those they have.

Aero
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Your reasoning is right in a way, but I do not see how it would benefit anyone. However, many different cultures do not allow contraception. Therefore the UK for example would ,over time, result from predominately ethnic races , which would in fact no longer be the minority but the majority, and we would become the minority community of UK.
If people follow a religion that forbids contraception, but they can't afford more children, then perhaps they should spend their evenings playing scrabble, rather than having sex!

If people were heavily taxed, on having more than 2 children, they would soon learn how to avoid having more. I suspect that if it was a legal requirement to have no more than 2, or be taxed, the ethnic races would have to do what the rest of us did or they would be contributing considerably more money to the country.

I don't care what nationality or religion the human race is, but I do care that the human race will be wiped out if we don't find a solution to the number of people living on this planet.
I am sure that nobody wants their future family generations to live, and probably die, in the same way that many African people have died of starvation in the past. With climate change and lack of birth control though, it will happen in the future
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 02:21 PM

People will still have sex regardless of the rules Twink.
There will also always be failed contraception for different reason too.

The only way I can see enforcement of limiting children is either -

a) Enforced abortions
b) Enforced sterilisation of both sexes.

Neither of these things can I ever see happening as the human rights lot would put a stop to it for a start, and think of the cost to the hospitals anyway.

I'm afraid I really don't know the answer.

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top