Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 02:17 AM

my big moan

at least it doesn't apply to AZZ I am pleased to say first of all. About the only guy who listens and adapts as necessary

Right now for my big moan and it is to do the computer programmers.

They seem to me to be in a world of their own with no thought for the end user .
Just one example was when we had the boarding kennels. We had a fantastis DOS based booking system built by a guy who actually visited private boarding kennels to see what was wanted or not in the computer program he was building

The along came windows 7 and what a cockup computer programmers made of it. Umpteen pages to get any useful information down on one booking. For example one page for dog or cat- another for vet- owner- breed -food- boarding date- contact name in case- owners address and so forth and so on, absolutely useless when a kennel owner need time to be with the animals not stuck filling out page after page on a computer. About 17 pages in all for one booking, needless to say we stayed with the DOS program, all or 95 percent of info on one page

So I rang several who had built W7 programmes for our business and asked how many private boarding kennels did they consult first. THE ANSWER WAS NONE.

How on earth can they make a program up out of their heads without asking anyone first what they want???

The same was for the institute of environmental health when they revised and added guidance for kennel owners. They too asked no private kennel owners first and came out with a load of crap

Example= All exercise areas must be covered!!!!! Dogs boarding with us had a 1/3rd acre paddock to run in individually. Were we suppose to cover it and if so what with and how high.

This is the absolutely stupidity of these people not finding out what the end user want or needs or not.

RANT OVER

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top