Join for free
Page 13 of 13 « First < 3 11 12 13
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 04:38 PM

Re: I will be a nervous 'mum' next Tuesday!

Took Holly out a short while ago and she did both toilets! So proud of her. But she doesn’t seem to think she’s had major surgery, as I can’t keep her down. Wants to still say hello to people, is up on her hind legs...

I just take her out for about ten minutes, intended, but with her, that can stretch to double. Lots of standing around, or sniffing.

Oh Gawd...while my back was turned...in the kitchen waiting to cook rice, she’s got up onto the chair! The cow has been wanting to do that all day.

ETA. Yes, Mups, they did.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Took Holly out a short while ago and she did both toilets! So proud of her. But she doesn’t seem to think she’s had major surgery, as I can’t keep her down. Wants to still say hello to people, is up on her hind legs...

I just take her out for about ten minutes, intended, but with her, that can stretch to double. Lots of standing around, or sniffing.

Oh Gawd...while my back was turned...in the kitchen waiting to cook rice, she’s got up onto the chair! The cow has been wanting to do that all day.

ETA. Yes, Mups, they did.
Although dogs have amazing constitutions and do heal very quickly, it is sometimes terrifying to watch them after a major procedure, which they themselves often don't even acknowledge having....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 08:42 AM

Too true Barry that's why I predicted fun and games after it. I've never had one ever respected they'd had a major op it's so scary to watch them. My vet reckons it goes back to the wild, a wild animal can't let anyone know they are injured of weak so they pretend to be neither if they possibly can.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 09:03 AM

Yes, she continues to scare me! When she sits in front of me, when I’m in the chair, and I just know she wants to get up and join me, I hold out a hand to warn her away, because she won’t let me pick her up. But when outside a short while ago I was able to lift her to show her scar to our neighbour (he who is getting my newspaper for a few days).

She continues to do very well. Toiletting and eating, as normal. And if she had her way, jumping up at every passer by, or chasing after cats, squirrels, leaves that blow across the pavement, lol. If she runs about indoors, (when I remove shoes or slippers, for instance) I say ‘calm down! You’ve just had an operation!!’ Removed most of her toys and just allow a couple of Squeakies.

Will build up her walks by a few minutes each day, or just a bit further along the road, whichever is more appropriate. She’s raring to go, even now.

She’s coping well with the cone, but she often won’t let me clean it (after eating, or after walks where she scrapes it on the ground/along bushes) without a little struggle. I miss being able to kiss her adorable little face and ears.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

12-04-2018, 09:05 AM

Fed, watered, and walked.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	F9E0D6BF-ACFF-43E9-9982-C1A8A1D1EEC2.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	5699  
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 09:06 AM

You can try taking it off while you are supervising her jazzi, we only used ours when we were not able to watch them, some don't ever bother the wound and those that can't resist can have the collar back on.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

12-04-2018, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Fed, watered, and walked.
Adorable and a dead fox too
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 09:11 AM

Aww bless her. I'm sure you could remove the cone to give her a kiss Jazzi and one from me too Actually I don't remember mine having cones after being spayed and they never had any problems.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

12-04-2018, 11:44 AM

Oh she loves her foxy. Grabs him by the throat, where his squeaky is.

I keep looking at the cone and its fixtures, and it looks more trouble than its worth. I'd be afraid of not being able to put it back on again. Will ask the nurse/vet tomorrow morning, at her check up.

She yapped for me just now when I nipped to shop across the road for dumpling mix, tho she had her peamutt butter in the kong. Usually it is enough to quieten her down while I'm out (only gave a tiny amount). Back to the drawing board, I guess.

Page 13 of 13 « First < 3 11 12 13

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top