Join for free
Page 4 of 21 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 08:15 PM

Re: Chemotherapy

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I will try, it's just this not getting out much which is killing me. Places I used to go to are no longer accessible unless I stop and rest all the time. I can't remember whether or not I got side-effects from my last chemo as I developed infections and was hospitalised. I'm assuming some of my dosette drugs are steroids which generally make me feel better.
I've heard that the weather is going to get a whole lot warmer (here it's still like Winter) and I would like to get out and do things.
I have the same problem Ffosse, I get out of breath very quickly and keep having to rest. I think it must be caused by the chemo. I have a Blue Badge now so parking is not usually so much a problem. Do you have Macmillan nurses or something similar in Scotland?

I’ve not heard of dosette drugs, what are they?

I heard the weather is about to get warmer too, not before time!
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 08:23 PM

I not had a line, but a friend did , also Ive spoken to patients in the clinic who have got a line. I have also been having chemo, which did help, but for the last few months ,due to my breathing problems I have not had any treatment, but Ive had a couple of scans which shows no change in my cancer
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 08:26 PM

We have Macmillan nurses and blue badges - I don't drive, though.

A dosette box is a large pill tray with containers for breakfast, lunch, teatime and night for all your pills for 7 days or even longer. I've just got a 7 day one. Looking at what I have to take tomorrow morning, there are 13 tablets. That's on top of my normal medication.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I not had a line, but a friend did , also Ive spoken to patients in the clinic who have got a line. I have also been having chemo, which did help, but for the last few months ,due to my breathing problems I have not had any treatment, but Ive had a couple of scans which shows no change in my cancer

Deylon that is good news about your cancer, hopefully you’ll be able to continue your treatment before too long.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 08:35 PM

Good luck Ffosse.

I've been through chemo and had a line for 8 months.
Keep your chin up.
I have a friend who's had countless bouts of cancer over many years and she's still here......

You can do it, just try to remain positive.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 08:36 PM

It's annoying when something gets in the way of a chemo course, but the Consultant I spoke to said that it didn't really matter unless there were radical changes in the cancer.
Val J
East Yorkshire

11-04-2018, 08:57 PM

We have Macmillan nurses and blue badges - I don't drive, though.

A dosette box is a large pill tray with containers for breakfast, lunch, teatime and night for all your pills for 7 days or even longer. I've just got a 7 day one. Looking at what I have to take tomorrow morning, there are 13 tablets. That's on top of my normal medication.
You could maybe have a Macmillan nurse though Ffosse, they are there to offer advice, only 9-5 Monday to Friday though! Someone else to talk to on the days you don’t feel your best. I know what you mean by a dosette box now, I didn’t realise that is what they are called.
Val J
East Yorkshire

03-05-2018, 04:46 PM

Well, I’ve now finished my first course of chemo. I had my ninth and last cycle yesterday. What I have noticed is that after each cycle I have felt more tired and groggy! However, I’ve signed up for more and they will continue for another few weeks I guess. I have another CT scan in three weeks and then see the consultant shortly after, so we’ll see what happens next.

I was losing quite a lot of my hair and my silver parting was getting wider and wider, so went to the hairdressers for a trim and came out with a crew cut. I hate it and can’t wait for it to grow again, trouble is it’s not growing very quickly at the moment.

Anyway apart from that I guess I’m coping quite well.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Well, I’ve now finished my first course of chemo. I had my ninth and last cycle yesterday. What I have noticed is that after each cycle I have felt more tired and groggy! However, I’ve signed up for more and they will continue for another few weeks I guess. I have another CT scan in three weeks and then see the consultant shortly after, so we’ll see what happens next.

I was losing quite a lot of my hair and my silver parting was getting wider and wider, so went to the hairdressers for a trim and came out with a crew cut. I hate it and can’t wait for it to grow again, trouble is it’s not growing very quickly at the moment.

Anyway apart from that I guess I’m coping quite well.
Val I lost all my hair when I had chemo, but when it came back it was so soft and silky, like baby hair. Within 3 months it looked like a very short style, and after that people were astounded at how quickly it grew.
It is now back to my shoulder blades, but I don't think I will get it back to my waist.
Val J
East Yorkshire

03-05-2018, 06:12 PM

I don’t think I shall ever have long hair again Twink, and I doubt whether I shall colour it again. It’s just that I can’t do anything with it, it just stands up on end!

Page 4 of 21 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top