Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 03:47 PM

Re: Trance moves to new home.

Originally Posted by summer ->
He looks lovely...I would be tempted to getting him a pal I bet he would love that and it would be fun watching them together.

If he has been alone all his life, he won't have learned how to react with his own kind. I am not sure whether he would be pleased or terrified if a 'stranger' suddenly appeared in his space, and he couldn't get away. Bit like us having to accept a total stranger moving in.
I think possibly I would put one in a cage next to him for a while first and test his reactions for a time. Also, do you think his cage is really big enough for two?

MC, if you don't mind me saying, I would say he must be reliably finger tame before you let him out, else how will you put him back if he won't come to you?
Ideally, he should have been taught while he was still a baby.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 04:48 PM

Looks good MC, no toys for him to play with, apart from the mirror.

We had a pure white budgie with ruby eyes, named Snowy, he was lovely, he had a big Parrots cage with loads of toys and especially liked the big wheel, he loved you playing with his toys with him, you had to spin the wheel round, then he would stop it and spin it the other way. He used to come out of the cage and play football with a budgie ball on a wicker round table, he lived until he was 7 years old.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 04:55 PM

Sorry not a very clear photo of him.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 02:15 PM

Monday, Is Trance going to have a cage-warming party?

If you get him a companion, will you call it.... Inna?

I hope you get my joke?!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top