Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 03:04 PM

Bob Seger Vs. Bruce Springsteen

I think Bob Seger has the better voice but unfortunately he did a Billy Joel and basically stopped putting anything out after 1982 (Joel was 1993 before he stopped).

One could argue that Springsteen 1982 onwards is more prolific and better than Seger's entire career.

Seger seemed to be a late bloomer then became hugely famous overnight, keeping this up for around 8 years whereas Springsteen has been huge for a long time.

I'd still argue that Seger has the better voice, though.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 06:31 PM

Re: Bob Seger Vs. Bruce Springsteen

it's The Boss for me, Ffosse, because I've always been a massive fan and seen him on numerous occasions. Nobody puts on a 3 hour+ show like Springsteen does. Best live act in the world.

I also love Seger though. He goes way back to the mid-60's and is almost a decade older than Broooooce. It's a very close run thing though as both their bands (E Street / Silver Bullet Band) are top notch musicians. It's just that Springsteen has the charisma, the diversity that Bob Seger doesn't have. In songwriting terms, I cannot separate both artists. They are both immensely gifted writers.

Just got to pick you up on one thing though, bud. Bob Seger did indeed release three more albums after 1982 and all these have some terrific songs on them:

1986 Like A Rock
1991 The Fire Inside
1995 It's A Mystery
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 09:05 PM

The last line gives me goose bumps...great lyrics.
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 02:44 AM

Bob Seeger - - end of story!! I could crank his music up on the car radio and watch that speedometer climb!!

IMHO, it all comes down to personal choice. For that matter, Willie Nelson's, "City of New Orleans" is probably my all-time favorite song and rendition.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 11:55 AM

Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 12:44 PM

Difficult one, but I think Springsteen. Here they are together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auqlW2ofMyI
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 12:48 PM

Broo-ooce
Broo-ooce
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Broo-ooce
Broo-ooce
Loads more Brooooce in a little albums thread going on around these parts, Rhian. Contrary to common knowledge, ladies of the forum are not banned
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 04:26 PM

I love both of these guy's music...and have many, many of their Cassettes & CD's. However, I've not seen Bob Seger in concert and I have been to a Springsteen concert with my daughter, at The Bandstand of the CNE in Toronto, back on July 23rd, 1984...

So, I have to choose The Boss...as that concert was phenomenal...and he dedicated about a half hour to Elvis, which blew me away!

Thank you, Aerolor...for sharing the video with both Seger & Springsteen...doing one of my fave songs...it was awesome.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 11:17 AM

Neither would find, room on my turntable, never understood the fuss over Springsteen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top