Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 05:20 PM

Re: TV Remote

Mups, whats the make and model of your tv?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 06:06 PM

This is the little one in the kitchen, Missy.

It's a Samsung Missy, but will have to look up the model number after tea.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
This is the little one in the kitchen, Missy.

It's a Samsung Missy, but will have to look up the model number after tea.

https://support-us.samsung.com/cyber...me=UN55KU6300F
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 10:50 PM

Thank you for trying Missy, but mine is nothing like that one in the link.
I will have to dig out the instruction booklet again tomorrow and look up the model number. Thanks again.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 04:46 AM

It really annoyed me a few years ago that TV manufacturers no longer include an on/off switch. I don't like leaving things on standby.

Anyway, glad you've got it working again Mups.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It really annoyed me a few years ago that TV manufacturers no longer include an on/off switch. I don't like leaving things on standby.

Anyway, glad you've got it working again Mups.
Me to. A friend of mine her TV caused a fire in her flat, and it was on standby. I always make sure that I switch it off on the wall socket.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

10-04-2018, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Me to. A friend of mine her TV caused a fire in her flat, and it was on standby. I always make sure that I switch it off on the wall socket.

I totally agree Annie, about it being all wrong not to have an On/Off switch anymore.
Apart from anything else, it still used electricity for nothing too, as well as the fire risk.

I think they say in the booklet about leaving on standby.
I read somewhere advice not to leave it on for long periods e.g. if the telly is in a room not used daily, or if you go on holiday for example.

As you say though Emjay, it's probably better to unplug it and be safe.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 01:14 PM

Hi

These are great for turning things off.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Remote-Cont.../dp/B0051NIJA4
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

10-04-2018, 02:59 PM

Doesn't that involve having yet another remote though Swim?
It's a flippin' remote that caused the trouble in the first place.

What's wrong with just turning it off at the wall at night?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 02:19 AM

I have a Master/Slave power boards on my computer and stereo system which turns everything off except the master device.

For example on my stereo/tv setup once the amplifier is turned off the power is completely disconnected from the TV, PVR, WD Live, Bluray player, network switch, powered speaker system etc.

The obvious advantage is that instead of having 6 things on standby you only have one but you don't have to scrabble about to the find the switch when you want to use the system.

When the amplifier is turned back on then all the devices on the powerboard are turned on.

My brother was impressed by it and bought one when he got back to the UK. He said they are not as common as here (where you can buy them in the supermarket) and he had to shop about to find one but they are not that hard to find.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top