Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 10:44 PM

I am physically affected by the weather

Is anyone affected by the weather? If it is cloudy or rainy, I get feeling so nauseated...and sometimes a migraine. I just cannot do anything I feel so bad.

Sometimes if it is very windy, it bothers me too.

Lots of times when there is a tornado or severe weather down in the southern states, I am sick. Very weird, but I have been like this all my life and my son is the same way.

A couple of my friends always call me when it is bad weather because they can't go out, so they catch up on their phone calls. It annoys me as I keep telling them over and over, "don't phone me if it is raining, as I cannot talk"
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 11:12 PM

Re: I am physically affected by the weather

I've never heard of such extreme effects caused by weather WB.
You honestly mean you can't talk when it rains??

I get a bit 'low' when we have a run of those awful grey days, where the cloud doesn't break all day, but that's about as far as it goes.

I need blue sky and sunshine to feel at my best, although I can't handle extreme heat very well.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 11:18 PM

I have to watch it when it's windy ... it can get my sinuses and give me chronic earache.

And I get scared when the wind's real rough in winter too. It used to frighten me that much I had to have headphones on with loud music until it had ended.
I wouldn't last five minutes anywhere they had hurricanes.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I've never heard of such extreme effects caused by weather WB.
You honestly mean you can't talk when it rains??

I get a bit 'low' when we have a run of those awful grey days, where the cloud doesn't break all day, but that's about as far as it goes.

I need blue sky and sunshine to feel at my best, although I can't handle extreme heat very well.
That is right Mups. I cannot talk as I am ready to throw up my stomach. It is absolutely awful to live like this. As soon as I see those clouds, I get a panic attack because I know what is coming. And if I get a migraine over it, I am in bed all day with severe pain. I also get 'low' too, but the physical is the worst.

When it comes time for me to leave this earth, I will be happy as I have been sick since a teen and I have even had cancer.....I have suffered all my life, and I cry a lot.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I have to watch it when it's windy ... it can get my sinuses and give me chronic earache.

And I get scared when the wind's real rough in winter too. It used to frighten me that much I had to have headphones on with loud music until it had ended.

I cover my ears when its windy Mort, as it gives me ear ache too, always has since I was a kid. Icy cold winds will hurt my ears very quickly.

You will have to not go out if it's really rough, you stay in your nice warm stye with plenty of deep straw.
Can't have our Morti blown away.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

08-04-2018, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

I hear you Mort. When I was in Florida during the tornado season, I would get in a closet with head phones on as it was so terrible.

It must be terrible to have earaches Mort. God, I coudn't take much more. I am sick more than I am well.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 12:36 AM

I think it depends on where you live and the altitude. In the UK it doesn't much affect us when we have changes in pressure but if you are at strange altitudes then it will make a difference. I get altitude sickness both at high and low altitudes. It's a really weird feeling and I just want to be out of there. But I have been in slightly mountainous regions in Europe in the rain and you really feel the change in weather. It can make people feel more depressed.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Is anyone affected by the weather? If it is cloudy or rainy, I get feeling so nauseated...and sometimes a migraine. I just cannot do anything I feel so bad.
I too am physically affected by the weather.

When it rains I get wet, if it is sunny and I forget my hat I get sunburned, if it is cold I shiver.

I think the weather affects everybody physically in some way
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 06:34 AM

The only weather that really bothers me is heat - I loathe hot weather!
If it goes goes over 65f in Summer I am done for. But I deal with it by reversing my sleep pattern - I sleep during the day when it is too hot to do anything else and stay up all night when it is cooler. It works for me.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 07:46 AM

Well its getting me down this year, when its rain, rain, rain and its raining now, I get a bit moody and fed up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top