Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 10:27 AM

Pampered Dogs.

Hi

Extreme Grooming seems to be the in thing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-43416967

I think it is weird.

In Taiwan they have a different craze

https://www.wowamazing.com/animals/d...-pet-grooming/
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 10:43 AM

Re: Pampered Dogs.

I think its wicked, all that Dye is poisoning the dogs skin.

They can't think much of their Pets if that's what they do to them.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 11:03 AM

It seems like they are treating their dogs a bit like Barbie dolls, by changing their appearance!
I don't think it is good for the dogs because animals evolved to look like they do, for very specific reasons. If humans choose to change how they look, it is their fault if they have problems..... but I don't think anybody should be able to change any other creature's appearance ( be they human or animal)!
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 01:06 PM

That is so ridiculous I am speechless. Where is PETA in all this? Surely you would consider this cruelty to animals.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 04:06 PM

I'm not keen on the crazes but unless the dog is willing I'd guess they wouldn't do it, I know one of ours loved lipstick, daft as that might sound I'd be putting mine on sat on edge of bed and a face would appear over my shoulder lips pouting for her own slick of lippy. Never taught her of even really wanted get tp have pink lippy but she loved it !

Most dogs like any amount of pampering I think you could do that to Elsie no problem she'd love the attention. When our Tasha was about three I wasn't paying absolute attention and turned round to find late molliepops a rainbow of colours all over her she'd been chalked with pavement chalks! I didn't see that as cruel as they both child and dog had such huge grins when I looked round.

Would I do it purposely no of course not but I am pretty sure most dogs would prefer that to some really cruel practices they could get in some homes.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 04:25 PM

This ridiculous practice is not a new craze by a long chalk.

A friend of mine won the 'Groomer of the Year' competitioin a few years back, and I can assure you this extreme grooming has been going on for years.

I know two exhibition groomers who used to do this hair dying and toenail painting to their standard poodles years back, but I don't approve. I remember being greeted one day by a bright emerald green and orange poodle!

I really can't see the sense in it, I don't think it looks at all attractive, and would certainly not want any of mine to be pointed at and made fun of because I'd decided to make them look like a laughing stock.

If people want something to decorate and adorn, perhaps they should experiment on themselves instead - at least that would be a consenting party.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
This ridiculous practice is not a new craze by a long chalk.

A friend of mine won the 'Groomer of the Year' competitioin a few years back, and I can assure you this extreme grooming has been going on for years.

I know two exhibition groomers who used to do this hair dying and toenail paining to their standard poodles years back, but I don't approve. I remember being greeted one day by a bright emerald green and orange poodle!

I really can't see the sense in it, I don't think it looks at all attractive, and would certainly not want any of mine to be pointed at and made fun of because I'd decided to make them look like a laughing stock.

If people want something to decorate and adorn, perhaps they should experiment on themselves instead - at least that would be a consenting party.
I couldn't have put it better, Mups. I think it is disgusting.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 02:18 PM

I did see on the Internet, it must have been about a month ago, some woman dyed her Poodle different colours and the poor dog ended up at the Vet Hospital with severe burns all over his body and had to be sedated and shaved and had to stay in the Vet Hospital until all his wounds were healed up.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

11-04-2018, 03:42 PM

globalnews.ca/news/3986863/dog-almost-dies-from
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

11-04-2018, 03:43 PM

Sorry not a Poodle, but I remember reading this article.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top