Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 08:51 PM

Re: I'm so excited - I'm going to see a legend.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Maybe that was the night it all happened?
No too early!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 09:35 PM

I'm sure you will enjoy it Carol. I understand he's still in great voice for an 80+ year old
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 10:26 PM

He manages to keep filling all these arena's and stadiums so he must be doing something right I would say!!

Here he is with the (not original) Four Seasons when he headed the bill at the BBC's proms in the park last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-QZAI-fkZM
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 06:31 AM

I think Old Grey Fox saw him recently at Nidd Hall. I understand he is still very good. I'm jealous.

I'm seeing the Hollies in Harrogate later this month and looking forward to that. People made it to the top for a reason, just because they are old doesn't mean their music is rubbish and actually sometimes it's better.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 08:46 AM

I saw the Hollies a couple of years ago in a Sixties show. They were good.

You're right about age doesn't equal rubbish music.

The success of the musical and the film, 'The Jersey Boys' is testament to that.

Of course some singers are past their best as they get older - I've heard it said about Paul McCartney but others are as good as ever.

Frankie Valli is a legend and as good as ever. I just hope he stays in good health.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top